Is it possible to access FFB variables that are sent to the wheel?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by wolfallein, Dec 23, 2023.

1. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Logitech TrueForce SDK to send sound information to the wheel. I know that AMS2 seems to be using the new Logitech SDK, but the sound feed to the wheel is not yet implemented.

I planned to make a small app to send the sound to the wheel and let AMS2 deal with the FFB. I got the SDK from Logitech and found it does not support multiple apps to access the wheel simultaneously.

To get the wheel working with AMS2 FFB + the sound for the TrueForce, I would need to implement an app that gets FFB from AMS2 and forwards it to the wheel with the sound.

I know that some will say that TrueForce is a gimmick, does nothing, is not worth implementing and it is better to use Buttkicker. Still, at least for me, it really adds something to the immersion in games that support it, especially because I don't plan to buy any Buttkicker or sound system to run it. At the moment, I have the g923, but I already ordered the PRO wheel that also supports TrueForce, and I would like to have it working in AMS2.