Is the DRS state available via UDP?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by wegreenall, Dec 9, 2023.

1. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

I am working on a little toy project, basically replicating the FW14b dash from the new Hitech Gen 1s with a bit of Arduino and so on. I have got the UDP port data and am correctly pulling out things like speed, rpms to show on the little screen i've got etc. but am naturally desperate to work out how to get "DRS State" so I can light up a little green LED the same as Patrick Head's alter ego presumably did in making the Formula Hitech Gen 1 for Automobilista 2.

I can't really use shared memory because I'm on Linux and it seems like it is very complicated to do (as you have to do it inside Proton I think - can't seem to work out how to even get started doing something like that), and I haven't found corresponding altered UDP struct definitions for modern AMS2 and where to get the DRS State from in the UDP data (I am basing what i have been doing on the PCARS2 definitions you can find on Github). Does anyone (perhaps from the dev team) know
    where/if I can access the DRS state from the UDP Data? Thanks in advance!

2. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. The DRS data is something new added by Reiza. They haven't added these new fields to the UDP.

If you are only looking for the DRS data, you could take only that from the Shared Memory. I think there are many wrappers around to get that data too. And if you know bit of C/C++, you could take the existing SharedMemory example and make it send the DRS data via UDP to your app.

For my app I am using my own relay, which just takes the SharedMemory and dumps it via UDP. It is bit crude solution, but works also if the Telemetry is on different computer, than the game. If you PM me here or at RaceDepartment, I can drop you my code. I haven't put it to Github, but my ACC relay is there and it works the same way, as the AMS2 relay.

Cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1