Is the season 20-22 pass worth it now?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lynxair, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Lynxair

Lynxair New Member

I've always played Project cars 2 and this automobilista 2 seems better to me in several aspects but I see it lacking in circuits.
    I have seen that the 20-22 season pass now costs €67 while the game is just €18, a huge difference from my point of view.

Can you tell me the number of circuits that you get with the season pass?
    Right now the worst thing I see apart from the circuits is that the impacts/damages are typical of 10 years ago...it would be cool to see at least the iracing impact physics.

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends on what your criteria are, I bought the Season pass when it had the maximum price so that there is enough money flowing to Reiza, so that they have more money to buy licenses for Circuits

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lynxair

Lynxair New Member

Which international circuits will be added that year?

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Silverstone, Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Spa, Monza and an unannounced sixth circuit as premium tracks, Daytona, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Cleveland, Road America from Racing USA plus probably some oval circuits in part 3. And probably some other tracks coming from the other DLC. 12 tracks alone is well worth the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Current iteration and three historic variations of each of the premium tracks, Nürburgring also includes the Nordschleife and GP/GT layouts. There'll also be a Vintage Track pack, but I'm not sure if that is part of the Season pass.

6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I made this video back in December so it doesn't have Road America, but you can see every layout of every track, the ones with a blue star next to it are paid DLC:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lynxair

Lynxair New Member

It lacks classic circuits such as Catalonia, some international Asian type Malasya or Suzuka, I miss not seeing, for example, the Redbull Ring, Circuit of the Americas and some of the desert such as Barhein or Abu Dabhi... it's a pity that Reiza cannot migrate the circuits from pc2 to ams2
    It lacks classic circuits such as Catalonia, some international Asian type Malasya or Suzuka, I miss not seeing, for example, the Redbull Ring, Circuit of the Americas and some of the desert such as Barhein or Abu Dabhi... it's a pity that Reiza cannot migrate the circuits from pc2 to ams2

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both Spielberg and Kansai (Suzuka) are included with the base game. COTA, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are almost universally loathed by sim racers so I doubt those will ever make an appearance.

9. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

It does have Suzuka. It’s called Kansai in the game. And the RedBull ring is there as well.

EDIT: ninja’d by @azaris :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc there's currently 43 track locations in AMS2 (32 locations in the base game + 11 locations as paid DLC), plus a few more track locations that are mainly for karts. There's supposed to be another premium track as well as a couple more USA tracks in Racin' USA pt3.
    I do agree that more track locations would be nice and I've posted the ones I want in the request thread, but I personally find the track selection in AMS2 very good and enough to keep me busy for a while.

11. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I think it's worth it. If you want to have all of the content, buying it piece by piece will be far more expensive than the SP, especially if you take advantage of the sales.

Full Racin' USA DLC is £30, if just one of the other 5 packs is the same, you'll be saving money already. I expect the 'street super cars' pack and the 'extreme' pack to be quite large and at a similar price.

That being said, if all you are really interested in are the tracks, you may not know that you can race on any of the dlc tracks online, even if you don't own them; if I host a race on Laguna Seca, anyone can join, this doesn't apply to cars, however, so you couldn't join a GTE/Laguna Seca server, for example.

I have to say, I enjoyed the irony of seeing iRacing mentioned in a post about the value of AMS2. :D

AMS2 is not done growing, if you can get a deal now and can justify the same cost as 4 tracks or cars in iRacing (or less than a year's subscription), I would recommend it even just to support the continued development. Just look at how many free cars have been added in the last year.

• Like Like x 2
  12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

13. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, I thought pre purchasing the season pass prior to the content being released at the cost of $115 cad was a bit much.

That being said, as the game is a long term development plan, I chose to wait a month after each release and grabbed all the dlc's on steam sales for 50% off (avg. Cost $5) which was much cheaper.
    Cheapest I've seen the season pass on sale is 20%

14. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, go get it today!