Is there a maximum number of classes allowed (in multi-class selection specifically)?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by TronLi, Jun 24, 2023.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed that when a lot of mods are installed, some classes are not available in the multi-class selection screen. They are all available for the player to choose but it seems that a limit is in place for the classes you can select from.

I'm having issues getting more than 91 currently. With the PCMT and KAOS mods available there are 89 classes. I can only add 2 Thunderflash mod classes before the number stops increasing. So far, it seems that any combination of 2 is fine, but when I add 3, there are still just 91 available. If I remove one of the other mod classes, I can then add another Thunderflash mod but the limit seems to still be 91 (with everything showing).

If I activate everything available I think it'll show 94 or 95 but the issue is that once you get to this limit, stock classes start getting replaced and that's not what we want to see.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that number with the tracks or just the cars? I asume it's either a UI limit or a game limit.

3. TronLi

Just cars for now. With CM this is easy to do, I noticed this before in JSGME but it was too much trouble/time to do further investigation. There are probably a lot of others who've also installed every available mod (107+ classes atm) but unless you count up every class in both player selection and multi-class selection it's easy to miss the fact that some are missing.

Doing more swapping of mods, it does indeed appear that 91 classes is some sort of limit for multi-class selection. Maybe someone else can check on their end to see if this is universal?

I also activated the Thunderflash mods that go into existing classes, they work fine (GT1, GT4 and GTE so far) and stay in the 91 class limit.

4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom skins and/or AI files can cause classes to not appear in the multi class selection.

5. TronLi

To check this, I disabled all of the skin, AI and track mods. This resulted in a maximum of 92 classes showing instead of 91 lol.

Here are the steps I took:
    1. disabled all mods -- 79 classes showing
    2. enabled all PCMT mods -- 86 classes showing
    3. enabled KAOS Indycar mod -- 87 classes showing
    4. enabled Thunderflash 355, 488, SuperTrofeo, Radical and Clio mods -- 92 classes showing
    5. re-enabled the tracks -- still 92 classes showing
    6. disabled the tracks and re-enabled skins+AI -- still 92 classes showing
    7. re-enabled the tracks -- still 92 classes showing
    8. enabled Thunderflash GroupC mod -- still just 92, instead of 93 classes
    9. disabled Thunderflash Radical mod -- sill 92 classes showing (but this represents all available classes)

So at this point, I feel it's safe to say that 91/92 classes is the maximum for multi-class selection at the moment (without having classes missing/unavailable). I think I was pretty thorough but of course it wasn't completely exhaustive, as I know that I've seen 95 classes maximum with everything in existence enabled but that meant at least 12 classes were missing/hidden.

Hopefully this information will help someone else out. If you stick to 91/92 classes you can be fairly certain that everything is going to work well together. Again, you can drive everything you install, this issue is specific to multi-class selection.

If you add more than 91/92 and pick one of the missing classes as your own car, you'll see it doubled in the multi-class area.

Update: I've not been able to get 93 classes to show at once in just about any combination. However, I also haven't had any issues getting all classes to appear if the number remains at 92. In summary, add classes to 90, then go one by one until they stop being added, that is your upper limit. You'll need to pick and choose which mods you want enabled to stay within that limit. Of course for identical car, single-class or solo racing, ignore the above and install it all.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. TronLi

Update: this had something to do with XLASTID and Thunderflash solved the issue for his mods, I have them all activated now.

Hopefully the other modders do the same to their mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1