It's time for DLSS support, and DFR Quadviews support (VR)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by filmguy123, May 28, 2024.

1. filmguy123

filmguy123 New Member

With DLSS 3.7, DLSS in VR has seen another nice improvement. In DCS World, it's a very nice forward step with significantly reduced ghosting and clarity on fine text/needles/gauges. I know early on, DLSS implementations in other titles (ACC) caused strange shimmering, etc. However, things have progressed quite a bit.

As well, DFR support & Quadviews rendering is hugely important for the future of VR Simming, and AMS2 would greatly benefit from support here.

With new headsets standardizing around 2800x2800 native resolution, - a 70% increase in total pixels over the Reverb G2 - the GPU demands are high. Especially since these HMDs often perform best at 150% scale (which is considered "100%"). And they aren't stopping there - the Somnium VR1 for example, despite its panel resolution of 2800x2800, will need to upscale even more pixels than the Pimax Crystals to hit its high FOV of 120+.

All this to say, we cannot rely on a $2k GPU every 2 years to drive performance. Doing the math, even an RTX 5090 won't be sufficient to drive a Somnium VR1 at high FOV with high graphics / MSAA on AMS2.

We could really benefit from full DLSS support, including DLAA as an AA option (which looks as good as MSAA but performs better, for those wary of an upscaling), and we nee DFR/Quadviews support to get a massive FPS gain on these high resolution headsets.

Please Reiza, help us enthusiasts out! DLSS is mature at this point; Quadviews is a god-send; and even unreleased GPUs will struggle with the newest batch of HMDs. And for those of us less on the cutting edge of tech, we could use these performance boosting solutions all the more.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I don’t think the Madness engine is capabel for that implementation. Would be nice to see DLSS in AMS2 of course.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

DLSS needs TAA I think and back in pC2 days I asked Ian Bell for TAA to help all the shimmer and he said it's not possible on this engine.
    I hope he was wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IMO AMS2 has a lot features which I wouldn’t have imagined if I was looking at PC2. Reiza have shown they can do a lot of things which might not seem possible in some people’s eyes

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Let’s Hope you’re right. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. filmguy123

filmguy123 New Member

I would hope at this point they would be able to add DLSS to the engine!

Beyond that, I don't know any reason they couldn't get Quadviews support, it would be a massive frame boost. In DCS world it can add 30fps to performance, and this would allow high res headsets with high FPS and high graphic settings.

One final note: opencomposite works fine, but it really would be nice to get official native OpenXR support as well.

7. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

What other sim looks as good and performs as good as AMS2 with a large range of PC abilities?
    Im pretty happy with opencomposite and my G2 for now. Quadview would be nice though.