KAOS’ F1 1996 Season Mod - Does each car handle differently?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by GregzVR, Feb 8, 2024.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I ask, because I’ve just driven the Sauber at Imola 2001, and it felt very oversteery on the default setup, whereas the Jordan felt very planted in comparison at Interlagos 1991.
    Okay so it’s different track, so that could be it, but both cars felt wildly different, and I had to dig deep into the Sauber’s setup to get to start to handle how I wanted.

It would be cool if each car did handle differently, as I also notice they’re separated within the class, with their own naming, setup slots etc.
    I guess I should try the Jordan at the same track. :D

2. PJDunham

PJDunham Member

Not that I've noticed... I find the default sets weird but the setups I make work the same on each car just as the do in default gen 1 1997 season that the mod uses as its base.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not about physics or handling but did the 96 mod sound got corrected now after the 1.5.3 update? I checked ther webpage and there was no new files.
    As I understand Indycar new sound file was shared in this forum and I got it working.

4. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

I decided to try the 1996 mod today, no sound for me either, but when I drive the car out the pits it doesn't accelerate and goes up to 85kph max.

EDIT - Fixed the acceleration problem by enabling autoclutch

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Same here, no sound.
    Looking at the webpage I don't see any mention of an update to fix the sounds.

6. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Does it happen to everyone ? I thought the mod was broken everytime I tested it... I'll try it tomorrow.

About the sound... with quickbms you can get the reiza file to put, the one from formuls v10 gen 1 I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Wolf posted a 1996 sound fix on his TAMS2SP Discord.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jota.191

I have researched a bit the files and no, there shouldn't be a difference physics-wise among the models. I guess there are different models mostly due to the texturing (for instance for the logos in the steering wheels). However, this is something perfectly doable. Doing it properly requires a lot of time and research but these things make me excited looking forward :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. jota.191

Sorry for double posting, but OP gave me an idea I had to try...
    I have managed to "clone" formula ultimate gen 2. I have a new class with 10 different cars (same 3d model though, just as the f196mod). The idea is tweaking physics of each differently to have "realistic" performance. The goal is to do so for 2024 but since we don't know yet I will do 2023 first. I guess torque curve and drag/downforce coefficients is enough to give them personality, plus tuning the sound for the four types of engines a bit. You know, the AMR should be draggy but fast, the williams low drag but also low downforce, redbull op and so on. The hard part will be to do the testing to be sure I get something realistic and not too exagerated. I'll probably start today once I finish the physics tweaks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1