Logitech G29 first 2 user presets not working anymore

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ControlLogix, Jul 28, 2023.

1. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I normally use user preset 1 or 2. Opened the game tonight and tried a race and the wheel wasn't working. Closed the game and opened GHub and all seems normal, I move the wheel, it shows the wheel moving in GHUB. Back into the game and I try to recalibrate the wheel for user preset 1 and 2 and the game won't recognize the wheel. I try resetting user preset 1 to default and recalibrate wheel and still the game doesn't recognize the wheel.

The only thing I can get to work is to go over to user preset 3. As soon as I click the arrow and the menu switches from user preset 2 to 3, the wheel suddenly comes alive and centers itself. So I end up using this preset now but obviously something is wrong. All of the settings are the same between presets when it comes to the wheel type (G29).

Anyone else have this? First time I've ever noticed anything glitchy with the wheel and I've been playing AMS2 for years now. Something with the 1.5 update?

2. Mikdream

Mikdream New Member

Hi
    After the 1.5 update no problem for me. But one day after I've got this problem too... In the same time, Ghub got an update. So I try to uninstall and reinstall Ghub (we all know that Ghub is crap)... Problem solve definitely after that. So (for me) Ghub was the problem.

I've got G29 too ;)

3. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Thanks for the info. I tried reinstalling Ghub and it worked for user preset 2, but user preset 1 still refused to recognize the wheel. I had to reset user preset 1 to default and try to calibrate a couple of times before it started to recognize the wheel during calibration.

All is well now and the 1.5 update is awesome. F-USA 2023 around long beach is unreal.