Looking for info on the Brazilian Motorsport Scene

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BrowserXL, Aug 27, 2023.

1. BrowserXL

BrowserXL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everybody,
    I have recently returned to AMS2 after the release of Patch 1.5. I am so happy about the new handling, and so I reintroduced AMS2 to my menu list of racing. Since at its core, the game is still largely about the brazilian Motorsport Scene I have started searching for infos on the various racing series available.
    I am especially fond of the Copa Classic as well as the Copa Opala series.
    So far I have found the Youtube channels of High Speed TV and Curva do S which I find highly entertaining.

Coming from Germany, my Portoguese is basically non existent and so I do not understand a single word of the commentary. Yet I would like to read some more about the rules and regulations, as well as the heroes of the sport, to have some background on the various series. I plan to run my own Copa Classic series on my Youtube channel, but would like to set it up as close to the real thing and provide some background to the series in question.

Does anyone have links on the various Brazilian Motorsport Series (favorably in English or German) or does some like to chat about it and share their knowledge? (maybe while whipping those buckets across the circuit?)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

Well, all our real life Brazilian motorsports scene will have content only in brazilian-portuguese and unfortunately most of them doesn't provide the regulations to read, like a document or something for fans to look into :/

But some brazilian categories in AMS 2 just doesn't exist anymore in real life to be honest, such has Copa Classic..

Something that can help you is go to 'single race' and select 'preset selection' .. I can safely say the setup it provides is accordingly to the real life rules..
    About scoring, go to 'championship' and 'Standard top 10' was the one used by a lot of these categories that doesn't exist anymore..

Well, I wish I could help you better, brazilian mototrsports are really fun but not so popular here in Brazil :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrowserXL

Hey Marcos :)
    I am happy for any bit and piece of Info, so thank you for clearing that up. I will look into the cup settings for that one for sure.
    Yet still (even if obselete) I am hoping to find more info (either to read, or being taught in chat, pm or however that person would like) on the various series ... if you are happy to enlighten a motorsport nerd on a scene he doesn't know, be my guest ;)

But what I do not understand is this. Like I said I found some Youtube Channels on the topic. At least according to the name of the video and the logo displayed I would say it is current footage ... or is it an old recording? Since I have a hard time with brazilian-portugese (you might be able to read me the instructions of a washing machine and I would think it being poetry ;)) I do not know if that footage is from another year or not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

I'm sorry, it appears I was mistaken.. Yeah, this one is from this year and it's running..
    Sorry, I thought this championship didn't exist anymore.. See how bad national motorsports are advertised here? xD

Anyway, before reading your reply right now, I was doing some search about regulations of the categories, I've found only about Stock Car Brasil and other categories not presented in the game :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrowserXL

Hehehe, ah no worries. Here in Germany it is pretty much the same. The more "grass roots" the racing event is, the less likely you know about it, except when you are somehow connected to that scene. I think that is the problem of all series not getting proper funding and attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1