Looking for 'intermediate' car as trainer for Super V8

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SpaceYam, Jan 10, 2024.

1. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

So, I love V8 Supercars. But I feel like at the moment they're a little too powerful for me - I can race them and get good times but I actually want something less powerful.

This is what I'm looking for:
    - Sequential shifter (not paddles) with no auto blip. Shift cut is preferred but not necessary
    - GT/Touring-style car with moderate to high aero (e.g., between Super V8 and GT1)
    - No traction control, but ABS is fine

I've started running the Ginetta G55 Super Cup as it's almost a perfect fit aside from having paddle shift with auto-blip. The power level is right in the sweet spot for how I want to race right now.

Just wondering if I might have missed a car that ticks all the boxes? I've tried out GT1 and Group C (both have too much power), Group A (not enough aero). I'm just finishing up a custom Ginetta GT5 championship which is a lot of fun but I definitely want more power than that for my next custom championship.

Open to any suggestions even if they don't quite fit all the criteria.

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe try the Brazilian stock cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SpaceYam

Now that you've said it I've realised that is clearly the most obvious choice :D thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Specifically, Brazilian Stock Cars from 2020 and newer, as the 2019 model has a limited slip differential while the more modern ones I think have a spool, like the V8 supercars?

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The V8 cars have a fully locked diff. I have no idea the actual name of it, but it’s always locked

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SpaceYam

I'm probably going to try out the 1999 model first to be honest. It might just scratch the itch :)

7. SpaceYam

@Racinglegend1234 and @Roar McRipHelmet
    I actually found the (almost) perfect car: Metalmoro MRX Dura P4! Ticks every box aside from not being a road car, but that's fine by me - it's a nice little step up from the GT5 Ginetta, and easy enough to drive that I got under 48 seconds around Brands Indy on my third lap.

• Like Like x 1