Manual up- and downshifting not possible (DD1 + Formula V2 (PS4))

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by thomasoeli, Sep 5, 2022.

1. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

Hello all,

I am asking this question for a good friend. He has since the latest major update 1.4 the problem that he can not up- and downshifting manually.

He uses the Fanatec DD1 Base + Formula V2 steering wheel incl. APM, in the PS4 version. As pedals he uses the V3 pedals, which are normally connected (USB) to the DD1 Base.

In the settings everything is set to manual, but manual shifting via shifter on the steering wheel does not work. He can successfully assign the buttons in the settings, but on the track they are without function.

Important info: Even if he assigns any key on the keyboard, he cannot use it to shift to the next gear on the track.

He also has an H-shifter connected, with which he can at least manually assign and use the gears from 1-5. However, sequential does not work!

Even disconnecting the H-shifter does not bring a solution.

As a solution, he uninstalled AM2 cleanly, deleted the user profile under documents and reinstalled. The Fanatec driver was also updated from 445 to 447.

Therefore the question, can it be that there are currently problems with the DD1 in the PS4 version? I also use the DD1 + Formula V2 without any problems, but in the PC version.

But importantly, before the update it could switch manually without problems. All other games like ACC, AC and Race Room work fine.

As also find no setting that could prevent manual switching. As I said, even with a key on the keyboard can not shift manually.

Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks and best regards, Thomas

2. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

I've had this happen,
    If you select a car and track then start race. exit and hit options you can't re-select a different combo of shifting.
    If you back out to the main menu, you can now change the shifting combo, But it still wont work if you go right back into game.
    The fix for me, restart game, go directly to settings and make your shifting options change, now select car track combo get on track.. should be good. If not the changes under settings should work now. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

Thank you, but unfortunately does not help. The buttons remain without function.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please follow these steps: (click on view attachment for seeing the necessary settings)

5. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

@CrimsonEminence

Hi,

thank you very much for your feedback. But the problem with "Custom" is that the optical wheel in the game no longer matches the steering angle.

You can see it in the picture "custom.jpg". If he does not use the custom mode, the steering angle is also correct. Picture "Normal_Without_Custom.jpg".

With Custom he has the additional problem that the steering wheel angle is much larger and the car reacts totally over-sensitive. The steering angle is just not right.

You can also find pictures of his FFB settings in the attachment.

Up- and downshifting works via paddles in the custom mode, but the steering angle is just not right.

Thus, the game is undriveable.

Which setting must be used for the PS4 DD1? Custom, or normal?

Thank you again!

Many greetings

Thomas

Attached Files:

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought that the SEN = AUTO setting in Fanalab is supposed to work even if you have Make: Custom, just that the correct steering angle is only recognized correctly if you restart AMS2 after changing this setting? Can someone confirm?

7. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

We also restarted the game several times yesterday after the change, but it does not change anything, the steering angle is not correct with custom.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So the wheel is set to SEN - AUTO definitely? (this is the required setting for AMS2)

9. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

Yes, see the screenshot. You can also see above that the game has been loaded into Fanalab.

Attached Files:

10. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

These are also the recommended settings in the current Fanalab version 1.66.

I also have the same steering wheel configuration, but have the DD1 for the PC. That is the only difference, otherwise we both drive with the same hardware. And everything works for me.

11. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

12. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That thread is for Automobilista 1, so it's unrelated to Automobilista 2

13. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

Oh, I overlooked that. Sorry.

Do you have another tip or solution suggestion?