Massive Camera/Car shake Formula Classic Gen 1, 2, & 3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Daniel Castillo, Jan 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Castillo

Daniel Castillo New Member

Whenever I drive the Formula Classic Gen 1, 2 or 3, the car starts wobbling from side to side like mad once I get above ~290KPH in a race. I’ve changed setups, tyre compounds, and tracks, all to no avail. Only happens in race, practice, and qualifying sessions with AI cars, not test drive, or time trial sessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a CPU overload problem.

3. Daniel Castillo

Daniel Castillo New Member

What’s weird about it though is that it happens regardless of the amount of AI, and in the Formula V10 G2 it doesn’t happen even against more AI.

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even with one AI opponent it happens? Could you try putting "-pthreads 4" in the Steam launch options and trying if that helps? And if you use custom FFB, going back to default FFB and temporarily removing the custom FFB file in My Documents/AMS2? I've noticed if you reduce the CPU load, the jitters should eventually reduce and go away completely.

Idk either why only these cars have their physics broken when your CPU becomes overloaded. It used to happen a long time ago but was fixed at some point.