Metalmoro MRX P3 cars after V1.3.8.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ayrton2388, Jul 12, 2022.

1. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I finally got to try out the new patch yesterday.
    I continued my P3 championship using the P3 turbo car, and, boy, it's ... well, not as good as it was.
    Previously, that car was honestly one of my favourite cars to drive, even with the default setup. With a bit of a slip angle, sometimes a tiny bit tail happy, but relatively easy to correct. Changing the balance by braking, to make the end slide just to get that corner felt natural and intuitive. It gave you the confidence to push it to the max. It felt exactly like a lower category car should feel, perfect for learning, a bit challenging, while not trying to actively kill you.

After the latest patch, both MRX P3 cars (turbo and non-turbo) feel worse. You have to be a lot more careful with the throttle, or the car will easily spin when exiting slow corners. The cars will also spin uncontrollably, out of nowhere, under heavy braking. The cars will also understeer in mid speed corners, and they feel a lot more "slidey", like all 4 wheels don't have enough grip. The cars feel all over the place, and i can't seem to understand their behaviour. Other times, the cars get into that left-right pendulum motion before spinning out, like M1 procar or old DTM cars. That never ever happened before. It's really weird and different than how it used to be. Even tried some basic tuning to get rid of that oversteer in low speed corners, but nothing really worked.

I did reset the setups. The new default setups are different than what they used to be as default in previous versions. I also have an older version of the game installed, and i even used the old setups on the new physics (as much as i could, some things like tire pressure have changed their min-max values), but couldn't get a decent handle for the cars.

Is this the final iteration of these cars? Cause if so, it's really such a shame... P3 cars were so, so much fun to race and to throw around a corner.

I do appreciate all the hard work Reiza devs are doing. F1 Classic gen 3 feels better than ever, F- V12 feels decent (though i think they should feel more like gen 2, gen 3 than what they feel like now), E30 M3 and 190E DTM feel better now, for what it's worth, but i wish they took a way deeper look at P3s ...