MoTec worksheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racinglegend1234, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone help me with MoTec. Is there a good guide for making a custom worksheet and can someone also help me find a good worksheet. I’m using the AMS2 MoTec program and wanting to preferably see things which are visible in secondmonitor

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My guess is that because nobody have been able to make the real MoteC telemetry to work with AMS2 before then you will not find such a worksheet now.
    But as I have said before then there is (as I recall) some pretty useable standard worksheets ready for you when you have installed MoteC.
    The only thing MoteC have to know is the exact names of the socalled "channels" (Brake, Throttle, Steer Angle, etc) that the translate app is outputting/using.
    But if I recall right then MoteC is so clever that it can find these channels if you get the telemetry output files saved in a folder and let MoteC find the folder.

ByTheWay: Sorry I cant be more specific but its more than 5 years since I have used Motec because the "inferior" :D sims I have used lately didnt output to the real MoteC.

AfterThought: If you GOT to have a more custom worksheet here in the beginning of your MoteC career then download one of the several sheets to Iracing or rF2 and twist it so it can accept input from AMS2.;)

3. Racinglegend1234

Then I can understand why MoTec isn’t showing any data

4. BrunoB

If you get MoteC installed correctly and get some telemetry output files saved from the app the other guy are working on then MoteC should be able to open/"import" the data.
    But only if the saved telemetry files is in the format MoteC understand.
    Thats the urgent part of the exporter app.
    This is from the similiar exporter app for iRacing:
    "Mu is a telemetry exporter that converts iRacing telemetry files (.ibt) into to files that can be read by MoTeC's i2 software for analysis. i2 and i2 Pro are available for free on MoTeC's website."

ByTheWay: If you wanna check if your MoteC install is working OK then you can probably download someone elses MoteC compatible telemetry output files.
    I cant remember but I think the MoteC compatibl files are socalled .id files?? :whistle:

5. Racinglegend1234

I have used MoTec with ACC and it works well. That means I have ACC worksheets and that maybe means that I need to switch something to make it compatible with AMS2

6. BrunoB

Then you are able to check out what the files going into MoteC are called.
    Because if the files saved from our friends new exporter app is in the correct MoteC format + name ending then MoteC will automagically understand them and display the values.
    If the files isnt in the correct format there is nothing you (or MoteC :D) can do to get it working.

7. Racinglegend1234

It can display the different things, but it seems like I have to choose to display them. It is really odd

• Friendly Friendly x 1