Multi-class and Elo / driver ranking penalties

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by twistking, Jan 8, 2024.

1. twistking

twistking Member

At this point, it's just a suspicion, but i feel that in MP driver speed rating is disproportionally affected when doing multi-class races with similar performance classes. For example driving GTE and loosing against a GT3 seems to give a very big penalty, even though the classes perform surprisingly similar on certain tracks.

This could be a big problem for GT3 gen1 vs GT3 gen2. Going forward i would want to make all my hosted sessions "multi-class" to allow both Gen1 and Gen2 cars (maybe even OpenGT if they are close enough). If the ranking system would give bigger penalties to what "it" considers the faster class, this would break the Elo system.

Testing this is difficult and time-consuming. I would very much appreciate if someone could enlighten me on the details of this aspect of the ranking system.
    If the system does indeed give class penalties even with roughly similar classes, i would hereby ask the devs to improve the system in that regard.

Thanks!