Multi player noob settings?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kurupt CDN, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What is up with the number of noob settings in MP servers?

So many servers are disabling the sim settings and running full aids.
    Muscle gamer had a full house GT3 server running today, I was curious as to what settings he was running.
    Damage, mechanical, fuel off, assists on and nothing forced. the only sim setting enabled was authentic tire wear....which I often see disabled in a lot of other servers along with fuel.

I checked his live stream and the title was named "Are Automobilista 2 players Noobs?"

I browsed through the next few populated servers and they were all running similar settings.

it is sad, knowing the in-depth features this game posses but seeing so many not taking advantage of it's capabilities and driving it like Forza horizon game.

I often set up a Nords practice server with modern GT's, at most ill just turn damage to visual but everything else is enabled and authentic with medium rubber progressing.
    Surprisingly, out of the few that have joined, most cant complete half a lap and complain about lack of rubber or not having a certain assist enabled then leave.

Am I missing something and should be disabling things or is this title attracting a lot of newcomers?

2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Forget open lobbies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm tempted to host an open lobby, No Assists Old Stocks session at Velo Citta, just for the entertainment value of the ensuing spectacle. :p

4. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

I understand where you're coming from but you can't expect any less...give people the power to set rules in a real-life race and they'll come up with all sorts of stupidness....Just like we have the FIA a sim needs a bit of control from those in charge.

Even some of the track combos i see online don't make sense.

Maybe, if possible some kind of online setting preset ......ideally dedicated Reiza servers with track schedules is the best way I see.