New vehiclesetups folders

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ChrisOuellet, Jan 12, 2024.

Tags:
  1. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wondering, what's up with the new vehiclesetups folders under the Documents folder?
    Is nuking the tuningsetups not necessary anymore? Are setups from previous versions ok to bring back into the current build now?

Just curious if/how we can use these folders.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They auto reset them, but it’s probably still a good idea to reset them in game. You can try adding your custom setups from older versions because I’ve never heard of anyone doing it

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thats a bit strange.
    Because I have several times argued that I have NEVER deleted old setups.
    And my positions on several TT LBs does show that recycling old setups is not so bad an idea ;)
    At least if your old setups are competent created.
    But I have also argued that the reason Reiza advised people to delete old setups from time to time could(!) be because there is a rather low max limit of total setups in AMS2.
    I have reached it a few times and what happens is that some of the saved setup files does disappear.
    Probably because of some setup index file gets cluttered up.

ByTheWay: I have also been experimenting with adding older backupped setups back into the used setup pool. But that doesnt work because the Mad engine will only accept names in the pool it has auto-named in an ongoing sequence. So either use the contemporary pool or switch it completely out with a former pool.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024