No button registration on TM F1 add-on wheel in advanced mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by FaanBE, Nov 30, 2023.

1. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Windows 10 and Windows 11 (tried on 2 separate pc's), latest version of all drivers, Steam & AMS2.

Old TM T150 works without issues. Recently bought a TM TX with F1 add-on wheel.

When the wheel is in normal mode, there's no issue. But then we don't use the entire button real estate, cause some buttons can't be assigned seperately.
    Some are not recognised by windows all together. Others have same ID, (eg physical button x registers in AMS2 as joybutton A, and physical encoder y also registers as joybutton A).

So I want to use the wheel in advanced mode.
    In Windows it works fine. All buttons seem to get recognised in windows device control thing (don't know the correct name), where you can check all analog axes and DX inputs.

In AMS2 however, not a single button or switch is getting recognised

Already tried:
    - setting the controls to that exact model, to generic, to legacy and to custom wheel.
    - Steam game set to disable steam controller input.
    - Only assigning type of wheel, save, restart game, calibrate wheel & pedals, save, restart game.
    To no avail.

Tried search on the forum but didn't find any reports of this wheel working in one mode and not the other.

2. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Nobody using this steering wheel?

3. trophy182

trophy182 New Member

Hey FaanBe. I've now got the same problem. T150 was working fine in AM2, but now not recognised at all. Tried upgrade to latest firmware, (35), tried using USB 2 instead of USB 3 port. T150 still works fine in ACC. Was always ok in Windows 10 even in AM2. I think it's a windows 11 / AM compatibility issue. Also tried turning off settings in Steam about "Big picture" - you might want to check that. Sorry I can't help, but some of what I tried might work for you.

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use the 2011 F1 wheel on a T300 base, and have no issues assigning the buttons, i always use that wheel in advanced mode, strange it doesn't work for you, is everything updated in terms of drivers/firmware of the base/wheel?

5. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Drivers/firmware all up to date on the TX wheel base. AFAIK, I can't update anything on the wheel itself though.
    Also weird it works on other games but not in AMS2.
    Worst case, would it be possible to have you assign the buttons I would like to have it set to, and you share the device settings file so I can try if that works?

6. Roy Niessink

Yeah, i dont think that will work, usually when i replace a backup of my settings i still need to reassign the buttons

7. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Normally all your assignments are saved in something like \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\..some numbers...\automobilista 2\profiles default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

8. Roy Niessink

Maybe try to first only assign the steering axle, if that works, try assigning the buttons, that might trigger ams2 to detect the proper buttons, also if you have any other usb controller attached like a Xbox controller, maybe try unplugging that as well

9. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

I can assign the axis without issue, it's only all the push buttons & the 3 switches that don't get recognised. Nothing else plugged into the usb. Same issue on 2 different computers (one Windows 11, one Windows 10).

10. Roy Niessink

Maybe try renaming your automobilista 2 folder in my documents, and start from scratch with your settings

11. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Already tried that as well :(
    Uninstalled AMS2, uninstalled Steam. Deleted every folder I could find on my disk related to both, reinstalled everything. Same thing. Really no clue what is going on.

12. Roy Niessink

Definitely a strange you, i assume you dont have anything like vjoy or even simhub running that might interfere?

Seems like the base outputs buttonpresses in a way ams2 doesn't understand them, but i never heard anyone have this issue

13. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Simhub is installed but not running when I'm trying to assign the buttons. Same goes for Crewchief.
    Also strange that all is fine when I revert to the normal mode. But then the 2 Dpads and the 2 encoder wheels are all seen as the same Dpad; so I loose a lot of button options that way.

14. Roy Niessink

Yeah, something funky is going on when you change the mode, advanced mode is the one i only use basically, because of the extra buttons

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I reported exactly this after I tried a reinstall of the game just to see if the physics after the 1.5 "update" could become reasonable.
    After the reinstall the game refused completely to acknowledge my wheel.
    Fortunately I had a backup of my default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav.
    I tried to copy this file back into its position - overwriting the updated one.
    Now suddenly the game acknowledged my wheel - and I could remap and recalibrate it.