1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider New Member

FUSA gen 2
    Gateway
    30 mins race
    90 ai strength
    Low aggression

Turn 1 ai cars excessively slow.

Feels like oval ai broken at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Group C
    Imola '88

AI: 107%
    Aggression: Medium
    45 Min Race
    Qualifying: 20 Min
    Custom Date: 08.07.1987
    Start time: 14:00
    Time progression: 2x
    Real historic weather
    [​IMG]
    General:
    AI still tends to drive on the grass, when fighting against each other. I have observed that especially from start/finish throughout Tosa. However they also showed that behaviour in different spots.

In the end my fastest lap was a 1:35 (driving the Corvette) and the AI just managed 1:36s to 1:38s.

Tosa: AI has quite a slow entry, easy to bump in them in them midcorner
    Piratella: AI could have a better exit here
    Accque Minerale: here it is very easy to outbrake them for the chicane because they tend to slow down early. In the chicane they are very slow, especially in the first half. In the right hander uphill after the chicane the AI is very slow in the beginning but rocket out of it in the later half. Feels very robotic so to speak. :D
    Variante Alta: again the AI brakes imo too early here for the chicane, tends to bump on the curbs (if that's intended please dismiss this info)
    Rivazza: first half they are slow to ok, second part they have a slow entry but very fast exit
    Variante Bassa: first part quite slow, second part slow, but fast exit

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Again in Spielberg GP some cars enter to the pit... when adjust this problem ?

4. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

AI packing and heavy scripted behaviour. When this will be sorted??

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The weird lateral moves the AI is doing all the time is really annoying in the ovals of Indy and Gateway. When you are driving beside them in corners, they just move over as if you were not there. Was watching replays and saw that I am already ahead of opponents when they make their strange move and ram my car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

So I just did some AI testing with the GT1 and especially the Nissan and the AI in this car so slow it is absurd. I know that compared to the Porsche and the Merc this car was quite a bit slower in reality, but I think Renato mentioned the cars are getting a tiny bit of BoP to make them more raceable with each other and it also was 3-5 seconds faster per lap at Le Mans compared to the McLaren, in AMS2 the fastest AI on Hockenheim 2001 is at least 1.5 seconds slower than the fastest McLaren, on more downforce heavy tracks it is sometimes even 3 or more seconds.
    I don't know yet if this is down to the actual car performance, but why can't it get BoPed/adjusted for the AI like the McLaren was as well?

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Jerez 88:

AI in turbo charged open wheelers have huge problems when coming out of pits into turn one. Looks like they are too aggressive and they often lose control in first corner. When doing a flying lap, they can pass the corner without any issue.

Have not tested other cars yet.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hypercars
    Watkins Glen
    AI 95% skill 50% aggression
    Clear weather

Front runner AI are way too overpowered at this difficulty level and are 1+ sec/lap faster than the player. They are 10+km/h faster than the player on all straights and cannot be slipstreamed. They are too slow into corners and can massively out-accelerate the player out of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

GroupC (low dowforce)
    fast trach
    AI 95% skill 50% aggression
    Clear weather

Error during charging & back to windows desktop

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula Retro Gen 2
    Spielberg GP

The faster cars (Brabham/Lotus) tend to brutally ram the slower "standard" retro gen 2 cars in turn one and in the slow corner up the hill in training/qualifying or when lapping them in a longer race.

11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Version: 1.4.5.2
    • Car: TSI Cup
    • Track: Basilia Full
    • AI Strength setting: 100
    • AI Aggression setting: Medium (custom AI)
    • Other Settings:
      • fuel use: x5
      • tyre wear: x5
      • damage: off
    • Session Distance: 10 laps
    • Weather: Dry
    • Session: Race
    I only need to pit twice (for fuel) but most AI pitted 3 or 4 and some even 5 times (presumably for fuel, given the tyres comfortably last the whole race without much wear and I don't think these cars have AMDM yet). Quite a few pitted at the end of lap 1 and nearly all had pitted by end of lap 2, so something not quite right with their fuel strategies.

Did the same race twice - I think one of them was set to 12 laps, which is when the 5 stops occurred.

12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula V10 Gen 2
    Silverstone 2001

Aggression: High
    24 lap race
    Qualifying: 20 Min
    Custom Date: have to look when I'm at home, but it was raining
    Start time: 14:00
    Time progression: 2x
    Real historic weather

Copse: AI is quite slow here, especially from start to the middle, they get a good exit though
    Maggots: first part of Maggots is slow (I'd crash into them if I would drive with my speed here), second part is ok
    Stowe: the AI is really easy to overtake here
    Club: AI could be faster here. However they do not rocket out of the corner as in previous versions
    Abbey: again the AI is too easy to outbrake here. It is as if the slow down during the first part of Abbey
    Priory: same problem as with Abbey though not as serious, however would be great to have better AI here
    Luffield: I don't know what's happening here with the AI since this track exists in AMS2, but the AI here isn't competitive at all. I often can overtake them even on the outside.

[​IMG]

13. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

GT3
    Bathurst
    AI: 106%
    30 min race
    Qualifying: 15 mins
    Real weather (27/02/2017)
    Start time: 13:00
    Tyres: Slick

Track conditions are dry, but there are puddles/damp in some turns.The problem is, the AI seem to breeze through the puddles without any issues, whereas I’m all over the place, as the car aquaplanes & understeers; I can only watch as the AI zip off into the distance without any issues. It’s not only Bathurst, but the AI appear completely unaffected by aquaplaning, which causes me to quit the race in mixed/damp weather conditions.

14. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

F1 Classic Gen 1 (86)
    Hockenheim 88
    30 min race
    Qualifying: 15 mins
    Dry conditions
    Start time: 13:00
    Tyres: Slick
    I’ve been testing the Lotus 98T, at my favorite track, Hockenheimring 88 since the update. Difficulty 107, dry conditions, AI medium aggression, 30 mins race. Great fun, but the AI are cripplingly slow, & I’m by no means a quick driver. With 75 boost for the race, I’m literally leaving the AI standing, on the two long straights. Top speed is approx. 345km/h, rear wing 2. The AI however, are very quick around Sachs-Kurve/Agip in the twisty stadium section. It appears the AI, are only configured with very high wing/ downforce, which leaves them so slow on the straights. As an experiment, I started last, and had overtaken them all, before the first chicane after the long straight.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  15. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.5.2.2247.AVX
    Car: Copa Classic FL
    Track: Brasilia Outer
    AI Strength setting: 120
    AI Aggression setting: Max
    Report: The AI takes a little too much kerb for this car class on this track. The result is shown in the image below. Doesn't happen every lap, but enough for two FCYs in a 24-lap race and an incident or two on top. That's the ones that I know of without looking closely at the replay.
    [​IMG]

As a sidenote, the AI for the Copa Classic FL might be a little too slow. I've had two races now where I had their skill at 120 and was quite competitive. A podium result was well within reach if I hadn't made silly mistakes or gotten a coolant leak, and I am no alien. The other track at 120 skill was Londrina Short.

Edit: The corners that caused the FCY incidents were Moco and Juncao.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL that's crazy! :).. maybe they were just stunt drivers messing around..

17. bojzi

bojzi New Member

I think that the Customization of AI drivers isn't working as it should be.

I'm trying to make them more realistic in that they at least sometimes make a mistake, but it's just not happening. I've attached the xml file I'm using in GT3 Single Races and I know that it's being picked up because the names, nationalities and liveries are respected.

In essence, each AI driver has the same settings, as follows:
    <driver livery_name="LIVERY">
    <name>NAME</name>
    <country>COUNTRY</country>
    <race_skill>0.1</race_skill>
    <qualifying_skill>0.1</qualifying_skill>
    <aggression>0.5</aggression>
    <defending>0.1</defending>
    <stamina>0.1</stamina>
    <consistency>0.1</consistency>
    <start_reactions>0.1</start_reactions>
    <wet_skill>0.1</wet_skill>
    <tyre_management>0.1</tyre_management>
    <blue_flag_conceding>0.9</blue_flag_conceding>
    <weather_tyre_changes>0.9</weather_tyre_changes>
    <avoidance_of_mistakes>0.1</avoidance_of_mistakes>
    <avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>0.1</avoidance_of_forced_mistakes>
    </driver>

I've made them all the same (and hopefully mistake prone) because I've tried with variations and it didn't work either.
    They are just not making any mistakes, irregardless of the settings I use in-game.

I've tried it on F1 tracks like Hockenheimring and Spa, but also on more open tracks like Road America.
    I've tried changing the aggresion and difficulty in-game, but it didn't change anything apart from them being quicker or slower on tracks.
    I've also always looked at it in replays and they just keep driving as a centipede without making mistakes and very rarely overtaking.

Additional information:
    • Car / Track used: tried with McLaren GT3, Nissan GT3 and Mercedes GT4
    • AI Strength setting: tried with 80 and 120
    • AI Aggression setting: tried with Medium and Ultra
    • Session Distance: 3 Laps
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Sunny (Clear)
    • Player Tyre: Soft
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Single Race

Attached Files:

• GT3.xml
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
  18. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have definitely seen the AI making mistakes. I have seen this with default AI and also using some custom AI mods.

Have you tried running races longer than 3 laps? I did a good 45min race the other day and saw a handful of AI cars losing the rear end and even a spin.

19. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I posted about this a couple of days ago, too. With GT3 at Bathurst, damp in some corners, with a couple of puddles; I was also over the place as the car aquaplaned into the barrier, after going through a puddle, & the AI were completely unaffected by the damp conditions. I had to abandon the race, it was pointless. This definitely needs a lot of work, as no other sim does changing weather conditions better than AMS2, awesome , but the AI needs to follow.

20. bojzi

bojzi New Member

It could very well be that mistakes only happen on longer races.
    I'm still wondering why the start_reactions setting appears as it doesn't do too much. I've never seen any AI spin out on start which I would expect at such low values. Maybe the values are much more a bit of tweaking instead of setting absolute values which can produce outlandish results.