1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

yes AI is bit slow but sometimes is crazy and push you out of track (i tried with dpi, gt3, gt4 and every time i got destroyed in that section)

2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Version : 1.4.5.2.2247.AVX
    Track: Daytona Oval
    Car : Stock Omega 1999
    Report : AI too slow

Can you add more cars in Stock Omega 1999 ( now, only 20 cars) thanks

3. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Ginetta G40 Cup / Donington National
    • AI Strength setting: 110
    • AI Aggression setting: High
    • Report: donington ginetta g40.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

I tested F-V10 gen1 cars in Spa 2022, Montreal (not historic) and Silverstone Historic 2001. Spa 2022 I was over 1-1,5 seconds faster than AI. Montreal was good as I wasn't fastest, lost about half a second to AI. And then Silverstone. Over two seconds faster than AI per lap. They lost first and middle sector about 1 second to me, last sector was closer but still I was fastest in that too. Difficulty was 120 and aggression low.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  5. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup / Londrina Short
    • AI Strength setting: 113
    • AI Aggression setting: Medium
    • Report: Londrina ginetta g55.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So did a full 44 lap race at Hockenheim 2001 with the FV10G2 and the race was rather "normal" 3 cars retired, everybody did 1 stop although some did very long stints and pitted on lap 36+. Also did not see the AI speed fade throughout the race, Schumacher actually did his best lap on his last one. What I did notice is that they do not seem to consume fuel like others have said, they are slower than in qualy, so the weight of the fuel does affect them, but as the stint goes they don't get faster.

Dont know if its because of the tires or whatnot, the FV10G1 got noticeably slower at Cascais on a race I did, but had to abort the race before the pitstops so I couldn't verify if it was due to tire wear. I will keep testing with different car classes and tracks, find it very interesting to try and learn the behavior and stuff.

7. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

• Car / Track used: Fusca B (Pasat) at Londrina short
    • During custom championship
    • Practice and qualifying were dry: Race was wet
    • AI Strength setting: 103
    • Report 1: AI is slow during qualifying, but much faster during practice and race. Qualified easily on pole with a mediocre lap of 1:31.5 or so. During practice, the top AI drove 1:30.5
    • Report 2: AI has much more grip in the wet (not yet wet enough for wet tyres). Player doesn't stand a chance.

8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT Classics (driving the Porsche Carrera RSR 3.0, identical field/AI)
    Österreichring 1977

AI: 112%
    Aggression: Medium
    15 min race
    Qualifying: 20 Min
    Custom Date: 12/08/1983
    Start time: 14:00
    Time progression: 2x
    Real historic weather

[​IMG]

Hella-Licht-S
    AI is hesitant and slow in the middle part

Dr Tiroch Kurve
    This is an issue this track has since the beginning: in the second part of the curve the AI suddenly looses speed and is easy to overtake. Really immersion braking.

Bosch Kurve
    AI is probably a tad too fast here, especially in the final part of the curve

Texaco Schikane
    Second part up to Raiffeisenhügel has a really slow AI, they seem to struggle to drive fast through the fast right hander uphill

Rindt Kurve
    Again AI is probably too fast here in the second part/the exit

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula_USA on oval tracks:

On Gateway, where you can not go full blast through corners with these cars, they tend to brake late before turns and often go for your rear. But on the apex, where player wants to accelerate again, they all over suden are extremely slow. Furthermore, they make weird lateral moves. Driving in a pack of cars can turn into a nightmare in corners, as player often gets a hit from behind whilst he gets braketested by car in front.

Jacarepagua: Since the short oval model was brought to the game, the AI is enormously fast on this track. Has endless grip and at 100% strength, it drives laptimes in race conditions and training like players do in TT mode. Player with this car model constantly has to fight for grip.
    With the standard car model, which was in use before the new models came to the game, I was much quicker on this track than I am now, because the standard model offered much more grip.

On Indy Oval it is worse to me, because the lateral moves are extreme, just as if you were not there. In T3, AI gets extremely slow and covers the inside. When you decide to have a move on the outside as you are quicker, AI all over sudden comes up and rams you into the wall.

On the fast Speedways (Daytona, Fontana) where you can go flat out, it is quite ok, because you have enough space there.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Formula Vee / Santa Cruz do Sul
    • Report: Santa cruz formula vee.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. The slowness in this section dates back to the AMS1 version of the track for the '74 & '77 configurations. Overtaking is much easier than it should be, which lessens the excitement of what should be a thrilling part of the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

CART 1995 (driving the Lola iirc)
    Cleveland

AI: 110%
    Aggression: Maximum
    30 min race
    Qualifying: 20 Min
    Custom Date: 29/08/1995
    Start time: 14:00
    Time progression: 2x
    Real historic weather

[​IMG]

Overall the AI is quite good here but I noticed they're extra slow between turn 8 and 9 (the short straight with the pit entry) and also through the chicane 9 & 10. Sometimes I had the impression that the AI is also too slow on the start-finish-straight.

Here is a video of that race:

13. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Formula Vee / Hockenheim Short B
    • Report: Hockenheim Short B formula vee.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Formula Vee / Cadwell Park
    • AI Strength setting: 112
    • Report: Cadwell Park formula vee.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Version: 1.4.5.2
    • Car: GT Open (Ultima)
    • Track: WWT Gateway Road Course (short)
    • Corner: chicane at T3 & T4
    AI cars have a habit of being toppled onto their side if they go over the kerbs through the T3/T4 chicane.

16. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Formula V12 / Cascais Historic 1988
    • AI Aggression setting: Low
    • Report: Cascais 1988 Formula V12.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please finally teach the AI the principle of slow in/fast out.

Did a few tests with cars without aids like ABS or TC and which have lights, so that you can see the breaking of the AI when following them.

They still tend to go into corners too fast (that is the point where they can ram you from behind) and then stand on brakes when turning in and drive through curves (where you should accelerate again. This is the situation when player easily rams an AI).
    But which such cars like the BMW M1 Procar, this kind of driving would hardly be possible irl, because tyres would block when trying to brake and steer at once and the car would not react the way the driver wants it to. But for the AI, also these old cars without any aids behave just like they had some kind of superpowered ABS. Beside that, they still do those strange lateral moves all the time instead of holding their line.
    Players who know the game for a long time are aware of the AI behaviour and can adjust their driving when going in a pack, but people who are new to AMS 2 will think : "What the hell is going on here? AI is fast where it should brake, but brakes where it should be on the throttle again."

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ai does not know the dimensions of their vehicles.
    The most common reason AI collides with me is that it's driving slightly backwards next to me and wants to make a lane change. Most of the time I get hit at the rear corner of the vehicle and get turned around.
    AI 85 - 95, aggressiveness low to medium.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I also have the feeling (don't know if it is true) that the AI somehow tries to "scan" their way by going as close to other cars until they touch them.
    This behaviour ( touching opponents rear) also avoids them from overtaking. Instead of passing other cars on straights, they come too close, have contact and then break.

20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember GTR2 had this same issue, in fact, AMS2 AI is very similar to GTR2.