One solution for those whose triple settings are reset every time they update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by CALLDUCK, Jul 6, 2024.

1. CALLDUCK

CALLDUCK New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone.
    I am a user who enjoys Automobilista 2 on a triple monitor setup.
    However, whenever there is an update in the game, the triple monitor settings that I have set suddenly become zero and cannot be modified. This results in the in-game Field of View (FOV) getting ruined.
    I am a user who experiences this issue every time.

The resolution is recognized, but the triple settings are not applied.
    The strange thing here is that the values I have set in triplescreensettings.xml are all alive. Even when I changed "false" to "true" in <prop name="AllowTripleScreen" data="false" /> and restarted the game, it was a situation where the triple was not recognized.

So, I’ve tried asking questions on this forum and even tried modifying the ‘triplescreensettings.xml’ file, but I couldn’t solve the problem.
    However, I recently found a solution and I’m writing this post in case there are other users like me who might be able to solve their problem with this.

1. Unleash the Surround in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. With the Surround unleashed, turn on Automobilista 2.
    3. Now, proceed with the triple monitor setting that suits your resolution and environment in the game.
    4. Enter the game and check if the triple resolution is working well.
    5. Once confirmed, close the game.
    6. Activate the Surround in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
    7. If you turn the game back on, it will be the triple monitor as you set it up! This is the translation of your instructions.

In the end, to have a smooth triple monitor setting and game in Automobilista 2, you have to disable the Surround in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I don’t know why only Automobilista 2 has to do this. Moreover, after the recent Automobilista 2 update, the triple monitor setting was reset again, and I tried to go through the process above again, but for some reason, when I try to set up Surround in the NVIDIA Control Panel, the NVIDIA Control Panel turns off.
    So, I have no choice but to play the game on a single monitor now.

I wanted to attach screenshots for your smooth understanding, but please understand that I currently don’t have any reference materials because I’m experiencing the above problem.

I’m writing this post in the hope that those who are experiencing the same problem as me can resolve it with this method.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nvidia surround is ok with identical monitors, but AMS2 works fine with my 19"-34"-19" setup I occasionally use. Nvidia Surround just sits and looks at me with a puzzled look on its face.

3. CALLDUCK

CALLDUCK New Member AMS2 Club Member

You’re saying that the surround is activated even though the monitor inches are different? This is the first time I’ve seen this…

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Surround won't accept different sized monitors, but AMS2 does

• Informative Informative x 1