Overtake button/function in Formula Ultimate Gen 2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by FaanBE, Dec 12, 2023.

1. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Just getting into F1 & simracing, so maybe I'm mixing things up. Apologies if that's the case.

If i'm not mistaken, inmost recent F1 cars, there's a DRS and an overtake function.
    DRS opens the drag reduction system on the rear wing (I know this is only available in certain situations and seems to be modelled ok in AMS).
    OVT, if I understand correctly, lets the driver temporarily allocate more stored energy from the battery (KERS thing) to gain some power and overtake someone. I thought this could be what in AMS2 is referred to as Boost. But it doesn't seem to be present for the ultimate gen-2 cars.

Am I mistakenly assuming Boost in AMS is what the overtake thing is in real F1?
    Is there an overtake button assignment I'm overlooking?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently there is no overtake override button for the F-Ultimates (like KERS for F-Reiza for example which actually applies via Boost Button) because of the way how the game applies the ERS system under the hood. ERS is still manually adjustable, explanation follows further beneath.

It's not excluded for the future to have this additional overtake button added for the F-Ultimates ERS to boost button assignment.

Currently the (admittedly a bit clunky) way to achieve most effective "overtake" mode is to switch ERS into qualy mode in the race. (There is a button mapping to adjust ERS increase/decrease in the control assignments, increase ERS until it says "Qualy" and after being done with the overtake mode use decrease back to "Auto" or the desired manual mode afterwards)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Thanks for the workaround. Didn't yet look into the whole ERS thing, so that's next on the list.
    Was just getting to try out the brake bias stuff.