Petition to Reiza to add the 'Betonschleife' Layout to the Historic Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gevatter, Apr 22, 2023.

?
  1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    94.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

When the Historic Norschleife entered Beta I asked in the Beta forums about the possibility of adding the Start-und-Ziel-Schleife layout, also known as the Betonschleife. It incorporates the Start-Finish straight, the Südkehre, Gegengerade and the Nordkehre. Short and simple.
    upload_2023-4-22_20-47-32.png

I asked how much work it would be, because the parts of the track with scenery and all the mesh and so on are already there, but of course things like AI splines and sectors would still have to be created.

@Marc Collins said that the possibilitiy to add layouts is there if there are enough people who are interested. I don't know how many, but I know it's more than ten :)

Because I don't want to farm likes I made a poll, so if you'd like to see the layout added, vote yes and maybe Reiza considers it if there are enough votes.

And yes I'm aware that they just spent two years on the track and here I am asking for more.
    upload_2023-4-22_20-47-13.png

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yes the only layout that doesn't make me shat myself also it feels like a mini Avus

3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That little circuit is a blast... It's really like Brands Hatch Indy for me... A couple of straights, a couple of corners and back to the line...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would feel as grassroots as it gets. Me like.

5. gplaps

gplaps Member AMS2 Club Member

I would much like that we can atleast use the Bentonschleife cut-over road to skip outlaps in Qualifying! It seems to almost work because it will invalidate whichever lap your on, but the next lap wont start

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Assetto Corsa mod looks nice, i wouldn't mind having it in ams2. But i wouldn't want Reiza to spend weeks on this, to be honest. If it takes the art team a few days, a week, sure. Otherwise, i rather they spend their time on some new track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. Strangely, it works in Test Day mode.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Would be interesting to know if they did that back in the day. It would make sense they did.

9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

They did...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1