Procedural Career - v1.0 released

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Michael Phillips, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

I was browsing Reddit and came across this today. I'm not the guy who made it, but I have tried it and it seems super cool to me.

In a nutshell, its an app that simulates and tracks seasons/AI racers with an ELO system. And then you come along and enter into the simulation yourself. Its very customizable, mostly through editing 2 SQL tables (not hard). There is no buying cars or signing contracts or anything. The progression is through ELO and moving up through divisions.

Its patreon of course, 7 day free trial. Personally, I dont really mind paying for these sorts of things if they work as advertised and i find value in them. https://www.patreon.com/ProceduralCareer/posts

There is also a discord, where i got quick answers to a few initial questions.

If you're interested I suggest watching the tutorials he has on his youtube, here is the first one:

The app also works with the AMS 2 Beta if anyone is curious.

The most annoying part is you need to manually enter your own race results into the app. I think the developer mentioned in a youtube comment today that automating this is a high priority if not the highest.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

Thumbs up for this app.
    Very good idea, system works already very good, its pure racing without any side-stuff, lots of variety and customization options, it will be constantly improving.

Although it is a bit rough around the edges and needs better qol/representation, it is the best thing of a career I could think of. And personally - I hope if Reiza ever gets the career-mode done, the basic idea should be in exactly the same direction as this app.

So try it out and the developer will gladly hear your feedback, suggestions, questions and is constantly working on it. You get your moneys worth!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is very interesting, will take a look later, but looks similar to what I suggested in a thread a while ago about a Carrer mode that evolves and is "alive" outside of what the player does.

I don't know if the madness engine is capable of simulating results of other race disciplines on the background, but with all the tracks and cars that AMS2 has, it's perfect for a Football Manager like Carrer mode, but with the world of motorsports.

There is no game that I know of that has done something like it, most concentrate on a specific discipline.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

A "B-Spec" mode would be a dream.

I don't think this would be their focus, at least in the short term. But as I wrote in another post, a way to launch sim sessions "standalone" (by cli arguments/config files) would help us to build this kind of app from outside.

5. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

The app was updated yesterday with a beta version that automatically reads race results (from the second monitor app due to lack of ams 2 documentation). Also a bunch of bug fixes. The new version works pretty much perfectly for me and is a lot of fun to mess around with.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

reiza need to hire that man!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fwiw, I've been trying this app out too and it works well - I think it's got a lot of potential.

People have started to make AI driver packs for it too which can be shared easily (see example in the screenshot by DeevFactor) - so I think there are some interesting possibilities to create and share career presets/starting points that include period-correct subsets of race series with a collection of appropriate drivers, etc.

indycarpreview.png

8. EverlastingApex

EverlastingApex ApexRivals career companion app dev

I just released the update for the Le Mans/Endurance DLC support!

• Like Like x 2