Question about clipping, FFB

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Denis_W, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Hello everyone,
    I have a few questions about the clipping, FFB, settings
    Last year I purchased the Fanatec CSL DD + McLaren GT3 wheel, the main reason was Automobilista 2
    Didn't really played much. Only AC, F1, etc. After the AMS2 update 1.5, everything changed. Automobilista 2 became ( IMO ) a totally different product. Can't describe it how much I love it ( Ai still need some attention, but that's a different story )
    I sold the Fanatec CSL DD ( 8 nm) and McLaren GT3 wheel and I purchased the Simagic Alpha Mini wheelbase with FX Pro wheel
    Started to play with the settings, FFB, Torque, etc
    I've read a lot comments about, but I don't really understand what is "clipping" and how can I avoid it
    Someone advised, on a different forum, it's better to reduce the wheel - FFB from the wheel software and increasing it from the game menu, no matter what game / sim / is
    Is that correct ?
    I wanted to do some clipping tests with AMS2, but I'm not sure what exactly I have to watch ( i attached a screenshot)
    Could anyone please explain it?!
    There are so many different terms, I'm not familiar with
    Like "Low Force Boost, FX, Damping, etc"
    Any advices are welcome, thank you

Attached Files:

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Clipping is when you start to lose detail in the FFB due to for example speed. To know when it does that, check in the bottom left of the screen when you have suspension movement shown. To stop clipping, change the in game gain if it’s a universal issue, but if it’s only clipping in one car, just change the in game ffb gain

3. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Thank you so much

4. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Adjust the in-game Gain for your wheel per car so that the "100% force clipping" bar only turns red once in a while, if at all. If your FFB file is adjusted for a balanced feel, you should see a similar histogram output across most of the bars when cornering. And it's probably a good practice to keep your wheel {software} gain at 100% to get the most out of it, THEN adjust the SIM in-game Gain to suit your liking and prevent any in game clipping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2