Question about Logitech Profiler Settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Gevatter, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Other that Automobilista, I play a lot of Assetto Corsa. In AC, when the car stands still, there is no resistance on the wheel unless I use Damper (in my case at 100%, haven't played around with that) in the Logitech Profiler. What AC does is fade out that damping when as soon as the car is going over 3 or 6 km/h.

My question now is, does that damper setting influence the FFB in Automobilista? When I started racing with the G25 in times of GTR2, everybody advised against using that setting, same as spring effect, as they were said to be artificial. How does AMS handle those nowadays? I think it kind of feels more detailed without Damping, but that could be a case of placebo.

2. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just saw that you have read and comment about how ffb works in Automobilista the unique features of it, And you already have the aswer for your question in the Game Manual page 34, and to lot of other question that are made in the forums.. but since it does not hurt to help you, I will leave a print screen here ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There's a game manual? I never knew :oops: I think I haven't read a game manual since my SNES days :)
    Well, thanks a lot for your answer, that clears it up for me. Off I go creating seperate Logitech profiles!

Edit: Would be interesting to know how the Centering Spring setting helps with clipping?

• Agree Agree x 1