racecraft.online multiplayer system - please use it!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by justposted, Jul 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. justposted

justposted Member AMS2 Club Member

I wanted to encourage people to jump onto the brilliant iRacing/LFM-style multiplayer system at racecraft.online - Sim Racing Ranked Matchmaking System for Automobilista 2

I've been aware of it for a while but only gave it a proper go over the last few days. It's fantastic! Does everything that I think we all want from this sort of system and does it in a slick way. Pop up messages to warn you about race starts (including within practice sessions), countdown timers, elo & licenses with graphs to show your progress, registration requirement to prevent randoms joining. The lot. The person who created it has clearly thought long and hard about what is needed and then made it happen. It's impressive stuff.

Grid sizes just aren't quite big enough yet. I've had a few 5-10 person grids, so it is getting there. Just needs a jump in participation to give us all the sort of grids and then, ideally, splits that we would want to see.

Please use it. JustRace for league events and racecraftonline for pick-up races seems like an excellent combination to me. No need to wait for LFM to adopt AMS2 - a better system is already here!

• Like Like x 6
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, I‘m glad we have RCO but it isn‘t super populated. Would be cool If more people joined.

• Agree Agree x 2