Random left-pull on the steering...?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Apr 10, 2023.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who spend 1-2 hours per day on AMS2, I have noticed that some cars/tracks appear to have some sort of "strong sudden magnet" where the car pulls to the left for 1 sec.

I don't have a 100% repeatable pattern yet, but..
    - Formula v10 Gen 2
    - Going downhill after the s curves after the long straight after eau-rouge. After turn 6 Circuit_spa_old.png (900×701) (wikimedia.org)

Before I spent the time finding a pattern, anyone else experience this issue?
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, Spielberg 1974 has one before the second right hander on the left side, and It has happened to me on other tracks as well. Very similar feeling to the dreaded black hole kerbs of PC2, dunno what causes it.

3. VFX Pro

Do you remember what car you were using?

4. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@VFX Pro I've noticed this in Spielberg Historic, Silverstone Historic and Brasília (others I don't remember). If relevant, using formulas in general.

5. VFX Pro

@Wedsley Dias Same here, mainly happens on Formula cars for me as well.

6. VFX Pro

I just tried Spielberg 1974 with Fv10 Gen 1, couldn't replicate the issue. Will try another Formula car.

7. VFX Pro

Also, were any of you using Time Trial, Practice or Multiplayer modes? When I felt the sudden left pull, I was in MP myself... trying to replicate in Time Trial at the moment.

8. VFX Pro

Tried F-Reiza on Spa 2022 with Practice, couldn't reproduce. I feel it's only happening in MP mode.

Also, who needs EA F1 2022 game when AMS2 with so much choice of open wheelers in AMS2 with a much greater amount of realism/FFB/Physics... :) The V10s sounds so much better than the newer cars.

9. Mazdaspeed

Spielberg with F-RetroG1 and F-Vintage, single race mode.

The F122 game drives like ass, yes, but it still gives a rather good representation of a modern F1 race and the AI is quite good and believable. But it's indeed difficult to return to it after driving AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if talking about the same thing, but, especially with historic F1 cars and on historic tracks, there are often strange reactions of the car at always the same point of track.
    With ohter cars it's not possible to recreate.
    It feels like driving through a puddle or hitting cerbs, driving into gravel with one side of the car.

Another extrem heavy effect (but just on some less parts of track) is when track is in a more used condition, when there is a light brown trace. Between this part and other part of the track, it's like racing between dry asphalt and ice road. Mostly on historic tracks. Example: Spa 1993 just before Blanchimont.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Wedsley Dias

@VFX Pro - FRetro G1 Spielberg Historic / FRetro G2 Silverstone Historic / FInter Brasília Outer / All offline races. By coincidence, I have vids of these races on yt.

Totally agree.

12. Wedsley Dias

To check, two more tracks with these problems: Silverstone 91 (FV12) and Imola 88 (FClassic G2) both offline race.
    As for Imola, the problem described by @alink seems to be more pronounced here. In 30min Practice, at 15min it was already possible to see a lot of brown dirt on the track and that looks a lot like walking on ice. It is not visible in replays and if you return to the pits and go back to the track, it seems that the effect has diminished appearing again in the following laps.
    Track progression is standard and I don't remember this in previous versions. Can anyone confirm this?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. alink

Yes, it is not every track but I think mostly wih F1 cars and historic tracks, but maybe I'm wrong.
    There are some parts with a brown trace (racing line? not always mine...). Beside it's ice. This can cause to spin even when driving straight. The car pushs and pulls to the side suddenly.
    And yes, it's about 10..15min of racing (practice, single race) with track progressive set to standard.

14. alink

Found this scary brown line at Laguna Seca, between turn 2 and 3.
    After 15 min of race (time progressive = real time)
    But this is just and only there.
    The grip and ice effect is not so heavy as at Spa1993 with F1 car but like driving on grass with one side.

Or is this a simulation of oil on road? But strange if it always happens after 15 minutes.
    Would be great to know.
    ss134829.jpg ss135125.jpg

15. Mazdaspeed

The brown lines is the live track simulation of the dirt the cars that go off road bring to the track. While a very nice and real feature, because the AI love to go off road when jostling for position, the effect is exagerated and causes this problem.

Thats why you will se the problem more pronounced on some tracks, try Imola with F1 cars, its pretty bad.

16. Wedsley Dias

Dirt-Imola88.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. alink

There is no logic to me. If it is live track, nice, but with strange effect.
    Between Turn 2 and 3 at LagunaSeca, no car is going of track in the center line of track.
    And why always after 15min.

• Agree Agree x 1