RE: Championship mode settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kurupt CDN, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was very excited to see the addition of the new 2022 Stock car pro series added to the championship in the last build.

I started a season last night and noticed a few things.

1. GaleĆ£o Airport is not in the season schedule...why release it in time for the RL race but not add it to the championship?

2. No practice session or option to enable it, just straight to quali.
    I personally like to build a setup for each track.
    Do they not run practice in RL?

3. Weather is locked like it was in PC2, however in AMS2 it shows weather as random in the load screens and settings so you have no idea what the weather will be in each session.
    If the weather is gonna be pre set can we at least get the prior yrs weather for that race day, along with the details as opposed to just random as the description.

4. I'm not sure if this has been fixed, as I haven't tried in this build, but in the past if you exited a session midway, than returned at a later date, the session would proceed to the next session instead of restarting the session you left.

5. AI, they have improved, great at avoiding you, don't do the weird lateral jig slide on straights and stay on the track for the most part but I found when you take the inside line into a corner, they more or less just give up and slowdown...than just drop off never to be seen again till you screw up big lol.

Any future plans to fix mainly the first 3?
    4 is unconfirmed and aware 5 is a WIP
    Or is the solution to just make a custom championship?

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello,
    I want to create several custom championships to be able to play them several times. Is there a way to save a championship, finish it and replay it? I want to be able to keep the tracks, options set and be able to play it again. Thanks

3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing I came across this week when setting up a custom championship.

Yes, you can set up a race weekend with multiple sessions....but it is not really a proper race weekend.
    The current setup allows for the following sessions...Practice, Quali plus two separate races but it doesn't allow you to set a custom date for the practice and quali sessions, for the two races, you can edit the session and change the dates but after saving and exiting back to the race weekend home page the second race day shows the custom date as the same date as Race 1.
    If practice and quali are using Real weather, what date is it using, race 1 date?
    ATM, to me the game is only using 1 day of historic real weather for an entire race weekend

Basically, I would like to set up a Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun using the historic real weather as it could result in 4 different weather situations and affect the overall track conditions.

• Agree Agree x 1