Recruiting drivers for a drivers with disabilities racing league

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dmand, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Hello folks

TK Arcade is a new discord server with only a few of us so far.
    We are trying to put together a league of sim racers that have special needs / circumstances / disabilities

We think it would be cool to show the sim world what we can do and what we are capable of

I don't know if it is allowed to leave discord links here.
    If this sounds like something that interests you then please comment and i will get you a invite.

I myself am legally blind and drive with a VR headset.
    My MP safety rating is as high as it can get, so nothing to worry about there,

Come join us and lets take the dis out of disabled

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Principally a great idea.
    But if nobody shows up in this AMS2 forum and your discord then I remember from my iRacing membership there were several private leagues for members with disabilities.
    With as I remember reasonably backing.
    Just an idea :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Thanks for the advice
    We are considering it as a possibility but we really like AMS2 and would be great to get something going here

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Back when I was an iRacing member I did buy a great Thrustmaster T500 wheel adon that made it possible to use a TM F1 wheel without pedals.
    It was a guy Glenn Sidmann who started a 1-man company for disabled drivers because his son had cerebral palsy.
    His different products are state of the art. All made for disabled simmers.
    Just check it out. He is an extremely helpfull and friendly guy.

The left pic does show his flagship product: the GT Style Ring Hand Control unit.
    I did buy a less advanced and less costly one. Mine is the one to the right. Still state of art :D

ByTheWay: Funny story is that I have until now never actually used it. Because my SRW-S1 wheel does still function. And have become my second nature driving tool. Like an old glove ;)
    About : SimAbility

1.jpg 11.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1