Recurrent server unsync (online is completely broken)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by lunamoon, Feb 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

This keeps happening between me and my friends (not just with me), we have a stable wired connection between all of us (around 150ms) and AMS2 is the only game we have this sort of issue. Both standing starts and rolling starts never work and they start unsynced randomly for one of us, making the races very unfair since you're forced to start behind. Please fix this, it's completely broken and it ruins online completely.

Video of the error:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree fully.
    That just sucks:rolleyes:
    But at least we have all got this game for free - right?
    So we cant really demand a proper coding of the netcode.
    Or what it is that fu* your races up.
    But irritating anyway :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

all got it free??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, that's harsh, I must say I have never seen this with AMS2 MP before. We did experience something like this in the early days with AC but have yet to see it AMS2 and we host a lot of races;) perhaps somethings up with someone's connection?
    Out of sync sounds like it could packet loss but who knows? I sure don't. also, over clocking was the culprit with AC back then ..
    From our experience, while running online league races with AMS2, the game is not broken & has performed quite well for us both on our Ded & running user hosted races with 20+ drivers. so that statement might be more emotionally driven than constructive criticism in search of a remedy :whistle:

Oh & don't mind BRUNO we all know the games not free, he's still mad caz his game crashed & didn't post his fast lap at Nords:p:D:D:eek: ....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah good one.:p
    But at least Im not streaming all my more or less boring laps - just because I want to show Im a streamer.
    And the same goes about the endless videos uploaded just showing that people is able to turn a wheel.
    Hehe and often they are pretty mediocre chosing lines and setting laptimes :p:D:D:eek: ....
    The exception is when people are able to drive really fast - because then its possible to use the video to something usefull.

ByTheWay: Conserning my comment about paying or not paying for this game - then there are something called a rhetoric question.
    And these kind of questions can even be sarcastic :p:D:D:eek: ....

• Like Like x 1