Revised audio options

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Feb 13, 2024.

1. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to look into expanding the parameters of the current audio options we have?

I find myself having to adjust every time I change car. Some cars engine volume is on point but mostly I'm constantly trying to boost my own engine sounds and turn down opponents.

For example last night I ran a race in the cayman gt4 and have my engine audio at 100% with the opponent set at 40%. This seemed to be the right balance for that particular case, now with that said I find the additional audio parameters to be somewhat out of wack. The "car volume" setting seems way to loud at default, I'm driving along with barely any engine sound at 100% but yet hear the tyres rolling and wind noise more than the engine, but it's set at 70%.

Personally I'd like to see more options like the player engine volume as follows :
    Player volume 0% - 200% as opposed to the current 0% - 100%.

An option to have a "windows up" sound which is basically the current system we have. But add an additional "windows down" sound which was the original system.

I can't remember when but the way player audio was generated worked better before the "windows, inside car sound" nerf.

By default the games current settings are very unbalanced and need some serious eq'ing. I'm most certainly sure that this will be looked at eventually however, sounds are an integral part of the "immersion" experience.

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I agree that the audio is lacking in several areas. Being AMS2 is still very much W.I.P.
    I imagine there are samples to be updated, perhaps new features to be added, overall refinement and volume balancing, etc. Sequence in such development needs to be considered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The audio in AMS2 is not the most advanced I have experienced.
    But Instead of changing the different sound params then I have initially created a useable mix - and from then on I only change the Master Volume if the sound is completely off in one car.

4. GogglesPaesano

GogglesPaesano Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love the ability to blend in more 'chase cam' sounds into the cockpit view. Can barely hear your own exhaust when in cockpit view.

• Agree Agree x 1