Safe search locked on!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Apr 18, 2023.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know why this is now happening network wide for me and all PC's connected?
    Ive tried Google and Edge and both show this issue!! I'm a newb at this stuff and only noticed because i couldn't watch a Frame Chasers video and my Son came asking if i changed any parent controls....I didnt. I checked my Moderm and no parent locks are on, i rang my provider and they know nothing.
    Screenshot (590).png Screenshot (589).png

2. 2ndLastJedi

It seems its my ip address because my Son using his adult account is also restricted and my PS5 is doing the same. If I use my phone on another provider but same account it's unrestricted.

3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Looks like your wan IP is added in a non safe IP list somewhere. You could try a VPN connection and see if this fix your problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

What is wan IP? And do you have a recommended VPN and are the subscription based?

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

WAN = Wide AREA NETWORK. Or you external IP so to speak.
    LAN = Local AREA NETWORK. Or your internal IP's. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im wondering myself if I should install a VPN - because its the only "solution" if Raceroom begin to refuse start saying Error 13 or Error 0 and returns to desktop.:rolleyes:
    To the best of my knowledge there is several good VPN prog for free.

AfterThought: As long as AMS2 is working as my goto TT shot I dont care much about this wellknown bug in Raceroom. But its annoying that the devs dont care even if this strange bug have been possible to occur from day one - for some people.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jox05

Jox05 New Member

I had the same problem before. My router's DNS settings were making SafeSearch stay on for all devices. Try changing the DNS settings on your router to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1). This might fix the issue.

If that doesn't help, using a proxy address could work. Proxies route your internet traffic through a different server, which can bypass SafeSearch settings.

Check out Buy Static Residential Proxies (ISP) for good proxy options. It can help you control your browsing again.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024