Senna documentary trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racinglegend1234, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Thought this might be fitting here

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not viewable in my country. :(

3. Racinglegend1234

The trailer or the series?

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The trailer. I might look it up elsewhere, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

It looks... fine, I guess? The race CGI looks kinda bad - hopefully that's just a trailer thing.

But the worst part - I don't trust Netflix for ****. Especially with honoring Senna's history.

Or maybe Ford v Ferrari just raised my expectations really high idk.

6. Racinglegend1234

I liked the Schumacher documentary so I have hope. I also thought some parts looked like they’re from a game so could that mean……

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it a documentary or movie? Only watched first part of trailer but had an actor in it and not Senna.

8. Racinglegend1234

AFAIK it will be a short series depicting Senna’s life

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope it makes it to Netflix in my part of the world

10. Racinglegend1234

Something related to the incident by F1

11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Important news about that ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Racinglegend1234

So I was right about Reiza being involved

13. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

*Prepares for close reading of credits after each episode*

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I dunno, man. I love the idea, but since it was first announced I was very worried because of the people involved.

The director, Julia Rezende (Globo Filmes, Multishow), whose greatest works were "Meu Passado Me Condena" 1 and 2.
    The director and executive producer, Vicente Amorim, is the son of Celso Amorim, current Chief Advisor to the president, who has always been linked to the Lula and Dilma governments since 2003 and who recently defended both the Hamas and Iran offensives against Israel. Vicente Amorim, also has close ties to Globo Filmes and Instituto AfroReggae (three so-called "ex-drug dealers", tied to AfroReggae, will be present at a hearing next week at ALERJ to defend the "saidinhas").
    And the production company, Gullane, known for their left-wing political activism. Just take a look at their works: B.A.: O Futuro Está Morto

A director involved in political activism. A production company involved in political activism. And the son of the current Chief Advisor to the president. I hope I'm wrong, but everything smells political activism to me.
    I just hope these people to be professional and tell the story of Senna, who didn't care about politics. And I hope Netflix does a good job like they did with the Schumi documentary. Yea, it was not perfect, but it was a respectful work that honoured his memory. I hope this miniseries to respect and honour Senna as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Senna leaned conservative (although as a fan I still hold hope he´d not lean towards the modern brand of conservatism that can´t seem to go a day without embracing some new conspiracy theory) and so did and does his family; his family greenlights and are directly involved with any project carrying his name, as they are with this one.

That does not say anything about the series, its quality, the people involved in making it or their political leanings - we are not involved ourselves beyond the contribution mentioned in that tweet, but I still think it´s reasonable to assume parties with otherwise differing views of the world can still come together purely for the purposes of creating such a project without it being some sinister ploy to push a political agenda.

I personally find this tendency to see evil ploys everywhere to be a far more sinister and far more real modern day malaise, and would greatly appreciate if we can restrain ourselves from letting it raise its ugly head in this little corner of the internet where it absolutely does not belong.

• Agree x 12
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

This is gold!

You put it nicely with "ugly head and all" but the thing is, in this modern society, people who come to piss on or steal the light from some one's blessing is getting more views/interaction in social media world than the good peepz (like Mr. Senna). And whaat's the goal exactly?
    In the end to .... divide ? ( sorry conspiracy path maybe :p )

Like people with different political views aren't supposed/allowed to work together on a common project ? What's next ? Religion ? Race*? Sex?

* Race should a be measurable value in some way for me.
    It's not where you, your parents etc were born or lived. It's in the "verb" way, CAN YOU RACE ! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

In simplest terms: $$$

We sadly live in a world where profits/gains before anything is the mantra. It's easy to get a controversial headline or drill a single aspect while ignoring all the rest to generate steady flow of income.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I can understand $$$ as a goal, nothing wrong with that imo.
    For some I can understand that goal even better depending on what part of the world they live in tbh.
    It's more profound ... for decades we could share different believes in different topics but with passion, eg motorsports
    Best example TODAY for me => The kind of thing you see the Dutch F1 fans do, thats passion for the game/sports.
    They don't care who you are rooting for, they are there for Max and you WILL KNOW ;)
    But they don't hate anyone else, they love the thrill, the fights, you know ... that childhood rush ;-)
    They come for the party, not the fight after.
    But once you write a comment about ANY PERSON (Max in this case) online you wake up the trolls :D
    I've seen it before with famous tennis players, football teams etc.
    Didn't mummy or daddy praise them enough as a child ? Did they not eat their veggies ?
    I dunno ...
    People seem to get very butthurt by the slightest mishap that their panties couldn't contain and you dis-agreeing with them is the last straw...
    I'm so sorry I forgot to read weepants' personal wikipage before assuming he/she/it/them/they/null needs special care in handling their feelings.
    Kinda like every foulmouthing shouting parent next to a soccer/football game his/her kid plays in. Kid gets tackled by another 9 year old and BOOM :D
    I grew up in Europe - seen a lot of South american football at later age.
    Trust me ... the kid can't fix your mistakes or stupidity - let it find out it's own... and maybe he will be better at the game than you. Maybe he won't ... but he will be a teamplayer in a team game and at least he'll have 10 other soldiers behind him for whe he ****s up the next time.
    Life is not that different... It's a perspective thing ...

Last edited: May 2, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Anything that has the Senna name has a strong involvement of his family.

They are VERY protective of its legacy and wouldn't approve of something that would ruin/alter the history of his life.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Apparently the woman who was Senna’s soulmate isn’t involved in any way