Setup changes not being saved in MP game

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by racezilla, Mar 3, 2024.

1. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

TLDR: Is anyone aware of this bug?
    I'm trying to understand if this issue was a bug or not.
    I joined a lobby, and I realised that, after making a setup change, when I went back to the setup menu, the change was reverted to the initial value.
    If I made a change and then went immediately out on track, the change would be correctly applied (Edit: I'm confident of this since I changed gear ratios, and I could notice a change in top speed, therefore the change was correctly applied), but I just couldn't make other changes without resetting everything back to the initial values, probably default settings.
    Afaik when a lobby has fixed setups, no advanced settings are available, which in my case, they were (I was driving the BMW V8 Hybrid btw), so I assume that this wasn't some lobby setting but an actual bug.
    My question is: has anyone else experienced this bug? I couldn't find anything in the bug thread.
    I genuinely hope it's not one of those rare bugs like the "no TC/ABS" issue. AMS2 has already too many issues to work around in MP.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Yes It will keep reverting to last saved , and often that is the default if no other set up has been saved .
    Have to be conscious of saving set ups and give a unique tag/name .

• Like Like x 1
  3. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your answer, I was very confused at first as I have the game pretty much from launch and never had this issue before. It seems like a very rare occurrence.