Simhub - bass shakers Wheelslip

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Champrt78, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Champrt78

Champrt78 Member

Wondering if anyone has a good bass shaker setting for wheel slips for ams2. I have been using simhub for quite a while, but I've never been able to get slips dialed in for ams2.

I have a front/rear setup with Dayton bst-1s under my pedals and seat.

2. sndb

sndb New Member

*Crickets*

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't had much luck either, and similarly haven't been able to find any info/tips/example profiles either. They thing with slip is the variability encompassed within the phenomenon of "tire slip". I had a pretty good effect going for straight-line acceleration/throttle-induced tire slip, emulating that bit of subtle rapid jitter/shuddering as the tires start to break traction under hard throttle, but as for lateral tire slip I've yet to get anything that resembles it. From what I've read, some folks just forgo the efforts to create a realistic effect and instead pick a frequency they can pick out from other effects as a tactile signal or alert on a variable scale that just lets them know they've hit the edge of traction.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a good one I use. I will post it when I get back home, but know I use 8 shakers, so you mite need to tweak some things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

in my experience,
    when enable all vibration settings in fanalap application.
    abs, wheelslip, wheel lock and surface feedback.
    it feels very similar with my car.

5. Levelup1

6. Levelup1

That's my wheel slip settings you can tweak it for all corners, but I have it set for front and rear. I can feel the wheels sliding and losing traction.

7. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Thought I'd try this again since1.5 landed but no joy, I still get feedback on wheel-slip when going in a straight line. Any other sim all I need to do is change the 'Threshold' setting but, ofc, AMS2 does something different under the hood so that doesn't work here.

Personally I'm throwing in the towel on using SH for informative feedback and will just use it for flavour.

8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Does it work on PC2?

9. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Sorry mate, I've never played PC2 so can't answer that.

10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

If anyone can, it can verify if it’s a ME issue or AMS2

11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a custom file made by another user that works beautifully, but dunno if I can share it. Will ask.

12. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Works for me with SimHub 8.3 and the current release of AMS2. Tested F-USA 2023 and Merc GT3 with ABS & TC zero for both rear wheel spin from a standing start and wheel spin under hard braking in a straight line.

SimHub wheel slip.jpg

13. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

This is from the MetalMoro AJR G2 at Road America, on the home straight. Flat and level and AMS2 is sending out some kind of signal that's being interpreted as wheel-slip.

In any other sim I simply set the threshold between 80 and 90, this just gives me a heads up that I'm pushing my luck, in AMS2 there's no real change; it may be quieter but I'm still getting slip on the home straight.

Reported this way back as a bug, you get this on other tracks, but it's still a problem. shakeit.png

14. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried that combo, and I'm not getting excess slip effects on the straights. With traction control at one the live effects graph shows a jump to maybe 30% for the 2-3 shift. I see a fare amount of TC activation in the lower gears based on telemetry to my wheel rim, but don't see any constant slip on the straights in the live effects graph.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Credit goes to user RangeyRover from the CASS league, who programmed this file for getting the best out of tyre slip information. I have never looked back since trying this for the first time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Cheers for running that, must be something my side that's not behaving so I'll keep digging.

17. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I have this budget setup. Got a cheap two channel amp, two cheap mini bass shakers and attached one to the front top of pedals and one under seat of my ultimate and perfect "sim racing cockpit", only mount double faced tape and Silver Tape, cheap too.

After two days of testing, set wheel to DEFAULT FFB, no FX, and it's a game changer in feedback. This crap setup I use is PERFECT to feel all vibrations, tyre slip using this is perfect to drive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  18. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for posting this and thank you to RangeyRover for programming this. It feels really good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have motion rig at all but I'm very interested about tyre slip in AMS2.

Looking at AMS2 install directory you'll find "SharedMemory.h"
    Line 425 float mTyreSlipSpeed[TYRE_MAX]; // OBSOLETE, kept for backward compatibility only

Telemetry readings show they`re not in any way correlated with longitudinal tyre slip difference or percentage. And what about that "Speed" in the name? What kind of sped it is? is it compared to a reference? Or even a combined lateral versus longitudinal tyre slip? It contains an internal error?
    Question remains unknown and could be the reason behind Reiza abandoned it.

And then I see @Gabriel "Pai" Legnini sharing a SimHub script file using "mTyreSlipSpeed" property with success, I believe. And I ask "Is the resulting effect what you expect?" If positive then there's no reason to Reiza treat it as obsolete.

In another approach there is a plugin for SH that provide a precise estimative of longitudinal tyre slip percent. It is developed by viper4gh and available for free at GitHub. I`m wondering if someone can import that property to the motion rig inputs to test.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Slip speed implies it is (or was) supposed to show wheelspin or brakes locking up (or maybe if the car went over a bump when you shot Marvin in the face), i.e longitudinal slip. As opposed to 'Angle' which would imply it was lateral slip, i.e the difference between the direction the car is moving and the direction the tyres are pointing.

• Informative Informative x 1