SimHub funky tyre temps

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Marnus Zwarts, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys. The standard tyre temp function from SimHub displays the overlay correctly as you would expect on any dashboard.
    But I'm using some overlays from the community that actually gives you IMO temps (since changing to the massive telemetry hud from AMS2 is a pain). These IMO temps are all over the place, with the O temp often way higher than Inner temps, while the AMS2 telemetry hud displays it correctly.
    Any help or ideas?
    Hope ThomasJohansen over at the Studio 397 forum don't mind me pasting his screenshot here:
    [​IMG]

edit: tried an AC tyre hud with IMO temps with the same result

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The AMS 2 hud doesnt display any tyre temps for me, jsut blank indicators
    I have created my own simhub dash, based on one i created for RF2 and that shows them fine.
    Not had chance to test it fully yet in terms of IMO
    unknown.png

3. Marnus Zwarts

"The AMS 2 hud doesnt display any tyre temps for me, jsut blank indicators"
    Yeah it only shows temps under the telemetry hud.

Would you mind to share that overlay?

4. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, I set it up for VR, but you should be able to change it about a bit if needed
    AMS2 Dash.simhubdash

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marnus Zwarts

Tx bud

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've started making a tyre, brake and damage widget with AMS2 in mind so I don't have to "borrow" other creators everytime I make a dash for each car in AMS2.
    IMG_20210203_140244.jpg

I too have noticed the IMO temps to be whack in SimHub with the O always being higher. It seems like maybe the I and O are crossed?? Just a thought I had after I checked a few time to see I had them set correctly.

In game the readings are very slow to update compared to SimHub, so I also wonder if SimHub reads the tyre faster and more often? Making the big difference from ingame to telemetry seem off.

I've also asked on Discord if anyone has anymore info that may help. I will update if I hear anything.

Here is what I created so far
    Resources by 2stains

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marnus Zwarts

Cool tx man, I also swopped I and O around, but who knows what we're working with really. Pls keep me updated if you hear anything else!

8. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

I guess Im too new to these figure - Using LOVELY dash i see 180' and 540' ???
    While the AMS2 Tire readout gives 69 ? Brakes 175'. what the ? This is soo hard to get a handle on - nothing coincides with anything else. Even cars are using Metric when we ask for Imperial. My Fuel gauge in the car says 5 ? the Hud guage says 27 suppose to be 10 gallons.
    I figured id rely on the SIM HUB stuff... ohhh boy.
    Really strange is a lot of the data and options for car setup go away for time trials ?? only available in races. grrrr

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1