Smoke, spray and sparks. On VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RaptorNL, Dec 28, 2023.

?
  1. Is there a workaround?

0.0%
  2. Are they working on it for a fix?

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RaptorNL

RaptorNL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the new update (the one with the F1 high tech) I cant drive in the rain anymore. The spray of the track is in front of everything even if there is a car or other object between it. It is also for smoke like the campfires at Nordschleife and some of the smoke you get from cars but maybe not from all the different smokes. The sparkes are also a total mess and looks like they move extra with your car or headmovement. They also seem to be in front all the time but hard to see cuz they move so fast. Looks like they are between my eyes and my own halo. It looks like the same bug as there was already with the helmet cam. When using the helmet almost all the windows are visible through the helmet on places it should not be. The F1 Reiza even has all the buttons on the steering wheel visible through the helmet. I use the Valve Index. I have tried all particle setting combinations and only dont have it when I set them off.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RaptorNL

RaptorNL New Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks like the last patch did change the spray but I dont know for sure. Now the large spray behind a car works good (dont know for sure if it did before) but the spray low to the ground directly behind the tyres still have the problem. Hope they know at Reiza this is a very big problem, since racing in the wet in impossible.

3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've raced in the wet at Le Mans just fine (VR), whilst the spray does cause some minor issues there was nothing game breaking or "impossible" that I could see, perhaps different settings can alter the spray differently so that could be one area to investigate.

4. wickfut

wickfut Member

I don't get particles at all. No sparks, no water spray , nothing. Aero + 4090