SRH GT Wheelplate buttons no longer recognized in public release branch

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by XTRMNTR2K, Apr 28, 2024.

1. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

After a bit of a simracing hiatus (though I did recently get into Gran Turismo 6 - yes, 6 not 7! - to try and relive my old GT series days) I just wanted to hop into AMS2 again and noticed something odd.

It seems the 4 buttons of my Sim Racing Hardware GT Wheelplate (version 1, product images attached to this post) that I have had mounted to my G25 for many years now are no longer recognized by the sim. At first I thought it was just that a different ID had been assigned to the hardware, but that's not it. AMS2 just does not respond to the buttons at all, so I can not re-assign or use them. However, when I enter the Windows 10 control panel > game controllers all four buttons work just fine.

What's even more odd is that these buttons continue to work in the Beta (the version I tried should essentially be identical to the current public release). Any idea what's up with that? I was thinking of installing some of the recent mod cars and tracks one of these days to the main release, but without all of my hardware working properly there's not much use in that...

7625668470_6d669d9da6_o.jpg 7625675694_704ea0735e_o.jpg

As a side note, I was also under the impression that the performance of the release branch was incredibly bad - just sitting in the garage at Brands GP I got ~40 FPS at 4k, whereas I should be getting a solid 60. Don't think the Beta is affected by this, either, but I'll have to verify if this is truly the case.

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Odd that the Beta is different from the Released. Maybe try a SIM Hub Control Mapper set up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. XTRMNTR2K

Odd indeed. I'm not using Simhub, by the way. Although the thought of using some kind of software to map the buttons to a virtual device occurred to me as well. But right now I don't feel like jumping through hoops just to get something to work that used to work until at least a few weeks ago, to be honest...

As for the performance issues, something strange is occurring on both the beta and release version; when I was just doing a few quick laps earlier today I got random - heavy - slowdowns, and the frame rate often went to hell when I was looking in certain directions or in specific parts of the track (Brands GP). What's even more odd is that my GPU fan stayed rather silent - I could not fully confirm it, but I suspect my GPU isn't reaching is normal speed in both versions of AMS2. Maybe a restart will help with that, but I think I'll be trying this again tomorrow as I've just put my wheel aside for today.

4. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't notice any performance issue both in main and beta but I've heard users with fps drop.
    Maybe a Windows issue?
    I`m supposing you verified files.

5. XTRMNTR2K

The strangest thing happened today: After verifying my files (all checked out just fine!) and switching from Release Candidate to the full release (which are currently identical, so no files had to be re-downloaded), the buttons are working again. Moreover, I didn't notice any unusual FPS hits, either.

From what I can tell, my GPU is working at its regular clock speed today, whereas it seemed to be maxing out at around 50% yesterday (in AMS2, at least). Not sure what that was about, perhaps a driver issue caused by some other game I tried playing but ended up uninstalling because I couldn't progress to the main menu (Chivalry 2 by the way, currently this seems to be a common issue though).

tl;dr everything's working again! Good thing I downloaded and installed all current mods earlier today... :D
    (Even bit the bullet and got the two VRC cars - and while I, as a modder, am not a fan of payware "mods", I must admit the Auriel and Chevrette are TONS of fun and really well done; well worth every single cent.)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 2