Steering feels like clipping?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Interceptor, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Hi guys,

Nowadays I get the feeling in the wheel as if it is clipping: the more you steer, the more "brrr" it goes.
    Even with low speed.
    When I look at the graph, it just uses the first 3 bars, not even four, left alone the red bar.
    Strength is 60% and the wheel itself is at 45% (tried higher/lower, no use)

This is the same with default as well as default plus.
    This is with all cars (well, some I haven't tried) and tracks.
    The wheel is a Fanatec Podium DD1 with torque key inserted: it should not be overpowered that quick, should it?

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Zask

Zask New Member

I think you might be hitting the lock stop when hitting the max you can turn the wheel rather than clipping. My dd2 vibrates hard, brr describes it well when I turn the wheel to the limits.

Clipping results in no vibration just a smooth feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Sorry for the late reply @Zask and thank for for your reply!

I know what you mean with the end stop, but that's not what I felt. You know the "steering wheels back in the day"? ;) Haha, those with 2 Nm and we turned them up way to far just to have a feel?
    When you were in a long, fast corner, the wheel went "brrr" and you knew that was from clipping.
    Well, I got that feel now......I mean, it feels the same, but it can not be clipping as the chart says nothing about it and it is even when I turn just a slight bit.
    Normally, I never hit the end stop and that one is pretty strong: I should know it was the stop.
    But as I said; even with just a hint of steering, even at low speed, very little force.

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

What you describe can have many causes and it is difficult to define what you mean. The bump stop on a dd1 is very bad, but that doesn't seem to be the problem for you. It could also be due to your dd1 settings or the in-game settings. Or you might notice the flat spot in the defaults, which in my opinion comes way too aggressive and way too early. Or you notice the cars bouncing in the curves. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. You see, there are many possibilities why you have these feelings

• Like Like x 1
  5. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Thank you @Danielkart
    Well, I just have to live with it then, mess around a bit more with the settings, maybe it gets less.
    But I now know, it shouldn't be a problem with the Fanatec.

One thing I noticed; you said "the flatspot" and not "a flatspot".......
    Is there something in the game itself that does this on the default tyres, is it a bug?