Steering settings quality of life improvements

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Osasuyi Emumwen, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Osasuyi Emumwen

Osasuyi Emumwen New Member

Would it be possible to increase the range of steering lock values you can select in the setup page so you can achieve very fast and very slow steering ratios for all cars? At the moment all cars share the same limits but have a different wheel range so the maximum and minimum steering ratio you can achieve varies from car to car and my preferred ratio of 5 falls below the achievable value for all cars requiring me to run less wheel range for my physical wheel but still the default 900 for my virtual wheel so I can achieve the ratio I want. Whilst this is a work around for now it means my physical and virtual wheel are never 1:1 which is a visual annoyance in VR. Having the ability to achieve a steering ratio of 1:1 to 100:1 for all cars would be a nice quality of life improvement as drivers can set the ratio they feel most comfortable in for any car they drive.

An additional feature that would also help with the above would be to state what each cars steering wheel range is in brackets beside the steering lock value. This way people have all the information they need to do some basic maths to work out what the steering ratio currently is and what they need to set the steering lock to to achieve the ratio they want.
    Alternatively, have the maths done in the game and show the resulting steering ratio and let people see in real time what increasing and decreasing the steering lock does to the ratio.

Finally, could steering settings be separated from car set ups? In fixed setup races some drivers are at a huge disadvantage because the default steering ratio is either too slow or too fast to what they prefer and it would be a nice improvement if you could setup your steering how you prefer.