StoopidChallenges Time Trial

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by mark7389, Mar 2, 2023.

1. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

We are www.stoopidchallenges.com and we've been a time trial website for 6+years, but we've now moved from Project Cars to Automobilista 2 and we need some new players!

It's a time trial website with bells and whistles, we have a piece of software that automatically uploads your lap times so you don't need to pfaff about with any screenshots or posting of times. You also get your telemetry uploaded so you can compare what you're doing to others, for example what gear are other people using for a corner, what's their driving line, when are they braking etc.

It's all free and we're a nice bunch, so come and join in, we'd love to have you.

Here's a quick screenshot of our lap updating software.
    amslapupdater.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What additional values does it provide vs the built-in leaderboards? Alerts when your time has been beaten? etc?

3. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

It's true the built-in leaderboards provide a similar thing for a one-off challenge but we have a league over 6 rounds and it's nice to all be doing the same challenge.

And yes there's an alert section:-
    ams1.png

And you can compare your telemetry to find improvements

AMS2.png

Or you can look at your driving line

AMS3.png

And this one compares yourself to another driver on time difference during the lap, so pink was behind at the start, caught up a bit, lost time over half a lap, came back and was just ahead and then lost it at the very end

AMS4.png

But mostly it's just nice to race with the same people every week :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Maskmagog

Maskmagog New Member

It's a great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful. Some really fast drivers to compete against, and slower too if you're like me. The telemetry is a great way to see where and why you're losing time.

5. Born2BSlow

Born2BSlow New Member AMS2 Club Member

Mark told me to come in here and say he's handsome...

I'm not very good at telling lies, so here's the truth, the stoopidchallenges website has been runnig on PC1/PC2 for many years, it's a great way to work your way through all of the content with a bit of purpose. If you've spent money on the game, come along and help us explore all of the tracks and all the cars...we randomise the combo selection, but the method we use excludes content we've already run, so eventually we'll use every car/truck and every track. Come along and have some fun, test your skills against some pretty quick drivers....and Mark!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Everyone should give this a go. I used to take part a lot when it used PC2, will be back on again with AMS2. It's great fun and gives a bit more purpose to time trialling. Different car / track combo every week through a championship season, lots of stats to help you find where you are losing time. It genuinely helps you get faster compared to normal TT. Plenty of us took the top times in the official PC2 leader boards because of this. Might be the same in AMS2...

7. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 54 Results

In the League Championship, it's agdownie from Zask and Bucashot in 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's Zask from agdownie and Jabbah in 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Bucashot from Maskmagog and Jabbah in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's Jabbah from e300vkb and Born2BSlow in 3rd.
    In the Team Championship Fast(ish) n Loud win from The Bandicoots and then SX3
    In the Knockout championship, agdownie beats Maskmagog
    League 1, Djbuzz07 and Mongo81 demoted.
    League 2, Jabbah and e300vkb up.

It's The Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 416 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 47 invalid laps, is agdownie
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Jabbah in a MetalMoro AJR Chevrolet at 176.3 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is agdownie at Salvador Street Circuit
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is e300vkb at Buenos Aires
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Maskmagog at Jerez
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 692.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Maskmagog with 19% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is premiumdude who completed 84% of the laps he started
    And drum roll please.......
    The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... Me (Mr Stoopid)

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 55 Results

In the League Championship, it's Jabbah with a clean sweep of 6 wins, 2nd is e300vkb from agdownie (level on points but e300vkb was 0.9 secs quicker over all 6 races).
    In the Overall Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and agdownie 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Jabbah from e300vkb and Flagnag in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and agdownie 3rd.
    In the Team Championship Fast(ish) n Loud win from The Bandicoots and then SX3
    In the Knockout championship, e300vkb beats DaveD
    League 1, Born2BSlow and Maskmagog demoted.
    League 2, Redear24 and bodooHUN up.

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 504 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 94 invalid laps, is DaveD
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Vonobox in a Formula V10 Gen1 at 180.6 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Redear24 at Imola
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Redear24 at Brasilia
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Redear24 at Taruma
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 1020.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Maskmagog with 13% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is premiumdude who completed 83% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... agdownie

9. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 56 Results

In the League Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and agdownie 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and agdownie 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's e300vkb from Bucashot and Jabbah in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, Jabbah 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, Jabbah beats agdownie
    League 1, Kuku and bodooHUN demoted.
    League 2, Born2BSlow and premiumdude up.

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 693 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 136 invalid laps, is agdownie
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Jabbah in a Formula Classic Gen2 Model3 at 182.9 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Bucashot at Oulton Park
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Redear24 at Speedland
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is premiumdude at Speedland
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 1043.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is sean_d with 16% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Redear24 who completed 82% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... Jabbah

10. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh nooooooooooooooooo, the last time on stoopidchallenges took over my life and i only escaped by the good graces of AMS2. Now I find they have found me and are trying to entice me back into the collective.........................can i resist !!!

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you?

12. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Come on home :)

13. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 57 Results

In the League Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd (level on points and places so countback on time has them separated by 0.4 sec) and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's e300vkb from Redear24 and Bucashot in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, agdownie beats e300vkb
    League 1, premiumdude demoted.
    League 2, bodooHUN up.

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 564 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award is a tie on 185 laps, Redear24 and agdownie.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is agdownie in a Lotus 79 at 166.8 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Redear24 at Spielberg
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Redear24 at Speedland
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Zask at Speedland
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 697.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Jabbah with 30% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Redear24 who completed 91% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... e300vkb

15. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 58 Results

In the League Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd and Zask 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd and Zask 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Redear24 from Zask and Flagnag in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, Redear24 2nd and Zask 3rd (all 3 on the same points, no of wins decided it).
    In the Knockout championship, agdownie beats e300vkb

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 274 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 65 laps is Redear24.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is agdownie in a Formula V10 Gen2 at 198.0 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Redear24 at Velo Citta
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is e300vkb at Buenos Aires
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Flagnag at Snetterton
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 436.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is e300vkb with 26% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is premiumdude who completed 77% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... e300vkb and Zask, equally as chatty

16. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

With the ongoing issue of time trial times not being recorded in-game, I thought this might be a good time to bump this thread.

We are a friendly weekly time challenge website for all standards (I'm normally the slowest by miles). We are at www.stoopidchallenges.com and if you have any questions, pop them on here or the website chat board.

We'd love to have some new members, so come and give us a try :)

17. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 59 Results

In the League Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and Zask 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and Zask 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's agdownie from Zask and e300vkb in 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd and Redear24 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, e300vkb beats agdownie

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 444 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 67 laps is Redear24.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Wayne Whitmore in a Formula Classic Gen3 Model2 at 175.8 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Redear24 at Brasilia
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Redear24 at Brasilia
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is e300vkb at Londrina
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 697.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is me with 28% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Redear24 who completed 78% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... Zask

18. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 60 Results

In the League Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, agdownie 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, agdownie 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, agdownie 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's Jabbah in 1st, agdownie 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, agdownie beats Wayne Whitmore

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 221 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 42 laps is Redear24.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Redear24 in a Formula Classic Gen2 Model2 at 185.3 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Redear24 at Jerez
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Jabbah at Bathurst
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Flagnag at Interalgos
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 451.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Bucashot with 15% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Vogelaufmzaun who completed 77% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... Jabbah

19. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 61 Results

In the League Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, e300vkb 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Mr Stoopid in 1st, Bucashot 2nd and Redear24 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's agdownie in 1st, Redear24 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, e300vkb beats Zask

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 399 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 94 laps is Redear24.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is agdownie in a Porsche 911 GT1-98 at 177.4 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is agdownie at Galeao Airport
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Bucashot at Termas de Rio Hondo
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Flagnag at Cadwell Park
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is agdownie with 583.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Bucashot with 25% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Vogelaufmzaun who completed 86% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... e300vkb

20. mark7389

mark7389 New Member

Season 62 Results

In the League Championship, it's e300vkb in 1st, agdownie 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Overall Championship, it's in e300vkb 1st, agdownie 2nd and Bucashot 3rd.
    In the Handicapped Championship, it's Bucashot in 1st, Zask 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Ballast Championship, it's Bucashot in 1st, Zask 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
    In the Knockout championship, agdownie beats Bucashot.

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 221 laps completed is agdownie.
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 63 invalid laps is agdownie.
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is e300vkb in a MetalMoro AJR Nissan at 183.6 mph.
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Mr Stoopid at Velopark.
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is agdownie at Interlagos
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Mr Stoopid at Velopark.
    The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started, is Zask with 431.
    The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is e300vkb with 30% of laps started actually completed
    The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Vogelaufmzaun who completed 89% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, ...... it's ....... Mr Stoopid