Strange grip levels between front and rear

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Oct 29, 2022.

1. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, i'm enjoying the game since 1.4 but there seems to still be a weird level of grip balance between the front wheel and the rear wheels on a lot of the cars in ams2 (not all cars, e.g. the macca 720s gt3 appears to be fine nowadays), i am constantly finding myself having to "underdrive" the front axle as it seems to have too much grip compared to the rear, this is not a setup thing,

below is an example (although a video doesn't do justice to how the car actually feels to drive), in this video i simply jumped in the car and done a couple laps, then softened the rear a tiny bit as i was having to under drive the fronts because they had too much grip and first lap out i went 2 seconds faster than the real life pole time this year, and thats with 30 litres, it almost felt like cheating as the fronts simply would not understeer no matter how hard the car is thrown into a corner and the rear wouldn't step out either, i am far from alien pace and this was an extremely sloppy lap too so something seems pretty wrong with a lot of cars balance of grip, with too much front grip on many cars making them feel weird and almost like FWD cars on steroids, does anyone else feel this is an issue?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1