Thank you for including the rovals with the ovals!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lizardfolk, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

I just wanted to make a post of appreciation to Reiza for including the infield road course layouts to the ovals that have been released. I come from iRacing and it was their policy for a while that they would include all configurations of an oval that they developed no matter how obscure or little used. They stopped doing that a while back and some of the recent oval releases I miss the roval to put some unique road races on.

Nashville Superspeedway and the rescanned Pocono oval are two great examples.

Some of the obscure rovals I feel are sincerely fun tracks and I wouldn't have discovered them otherwise if they weren't included in releases of these sims. So if you bring on more ovals to AMS2, please continue to provide the roval layouts as well :)

Excited to give AMS2's Fontana Competition roval a spin!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Lukas2121

Lukas2121 New Member

Completely agree with this, I've always had a strange fascination with rovals since growing up watching F1 and BTCC race at Indy and Rockingham. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue introduced me to Daytona, so imagine my surprise when I find out they run a 24 hour race at Daytona, now my most anticipated race each year. My favourite fantasy track from when I played the Forza Motorsport series even ended up being a roval (Sunset Peninsula).

Really appreciate seeing the Gateway and Fontana road courses added alongside the ovals, offers a unique racing experience with layouts that are hard to find outside of iRacing.

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2