That annoying buzzer sound in some GT3 cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MrTulip, Jul 20, 2024.

1. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I could not take it anymore and finally googled for it:

A compressor. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Oh man, I don't find it annoying, i find it super immersive! That and the turbo whizz you SOMETIMES get when downshifting (maybe at excessive revs) in the Porsche gt1 car... still can't work out exactly what situation causes it (or is it just random?) and it makes the car feel so alive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some testing and I think it might be completely random in AMS2.

But it might also follow some logic regarding different amounts of pneumatic pressure required by shifts at different amount of revs and gearing. And of course the same compressor system might provide pressure for some other systems in the car too. (Of which I wouldn't personally have any idea.)

4. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

So if I remember/understand how it works in real life, there is a finite canister of gas, that gets refilled by the compressor when it reaches some low level... and the compressor system monitors this (this is perhaps replicated in the video you posted). If this is correct, I suppose that the ideal system would replicate the "using-up". If different gears use different amounts of pressure, I suppose it might appear random after some cycles of up and down shifts. I'm trying to think of a circuit which would help to clarify...

5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like it is the sound of a pneumatic pump that makes sure there's enough compressed air for gear shifts.