Tip: Improving the quality of the audio...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jun 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Despite all the great stuff offered in AMS2, the overall quality of the audio (like in PC2) is not that great, not very enveloping, aural or "3D". It feels muffled. I decided to do some testing with the built-in equalizer in G-Hub. I'm sure, any equalizer would have the same benefits.

Here you go...

upload_2023-6-3_13-51-4.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont want to contradict you but the EQ thing is very individual.
    Among other things its dependent of the combined freq curve in both your headphones AND your ears.
    And if the HP just is a simple headset or is it a HiFi HP.
    Check my prefered EQ profile for AMS2 out.
    Its not exactly like yours.:D

ByTheWay: I have also been able to listen to the best virtualisation in HPs on the market (IMO)
    Its the Creative SXFI Gamer headphone.
    The sound did replicate a complete home 7.1 surround system pretty fantastic.

EQ1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree @BrunoB. Audio settings are very individual, especially when including different tools with different capabilities. At least, the common thread is that AMS2 will clearly benefit from EQ :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

My Soundblaster audio-card offers Direct Mode, which improves clarity and spatialization in racing titles in general. It also offers an equalizer mode but, no Direct-mode EQ support.

While Direct Mode in AMS2 does result in improved audio effects overall, rF2's new sound system does a better job at creating a more convincing audio experience, both in-car and externally, imo. Not that it's very useful in this case but, I find it an interesting comparison, nonetheless.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Why I gave the above comment is because as example Im pretty old and have probably lost some of the higher freqs. But because my Sennheiser freq curve does compensate for this I have to reduce them in the EQ.
    And because Im pretty sensible of the low freq when the cars as example does bottom out I let the EQ completely cut these off.;)

ByTheWay: If any of you get a chance to try Creatives Super X-Fi Personalized Audio out then do it.
    Via photos of your face and ears it creates a personalised profile to exactly your ears and hearing.
    It doesnt fit anybody else. But it works fantastic both for music but even better for games like AMS2.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My VOID Pro Wireless EQ curves for all content based on my 69 year old ears.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1