Tires heating up way too fast after 1.5 update?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ayrton2388, Oct 20, 2023.

1. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it me, or do tires heat up way more now than they previously did?
    I ran hundreds of laps of Laguna Seca in DTM cars (e30, but mostly 190 E) before, and didn't have any issue. Now, with default setups, i barely run 5-6 laps and one of the tires gets waaaay too hot, and i end up spinning or something.

With Formula V10 (gen 1 or gen 2, can't remember, the one without TC), yeah, after 7-8 laps, one of the tires used to heat up a bit, but it was manageable. Now, it's even worse than the DTM cars.

On Londrina, i must've run close to a thousand laps, in Formula V12, with no issues, pre-1.5.
    Now, in just the 2nd or 3rd lap, one of the tires is yellow / orange , and once again, i just spin out in the last corner. Again, default setup, except lower number of clutches. Same with P3 cars. Also, F V12 has a really weird issue, where you can't get the power down , even with only 40-50% throttle, and the wheels keep spinning in place. This never happened before, nor does it happen to other car that i know of.
    I race with Tire Wear turned Off, in case anyone wonders.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is this the new normal? 'cause i seriously dislike it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you try the same, but around Barcelona. If the front left is red, then it’s normal

3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Yes it happen when driving the Copa classic cars too on any track. Tire overheat a lot quicker/easier even with under powered cars.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think its only after the latest update but at least on Interlagos Historic 1976 in any of the formula cars I have tried (in TT mode) the front and later the rear tires goes red and does melt like butter in 2 max 3 laps.
    And it doesnt matter much how you set the tire pressure :rolleyes:
    The butter is melting on the pan.
    Hehe check the track out yourself if you dont believe me :p

ByTheWay: To the best of my knowledge this is one area where the complete different TM the AI bots use make it possible for the bots to drive but impossible for the human player.

5. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fwiw, the latest update seems to solve this issue for F V12 at least, havent tested others yet. Awesome.

6. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Yea it's fixed it on the few other cars I tested, F inters, M1 Procar, F advanced and F advance junior. So thank goodness it's finally fixed.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2