Track texture modding (not new tracks, the current ones!)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by leggy2fast, Dec 1, 2023.

1. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

Hello everyone! Bene a while since I last posted here. Looked up some stuff but couldn't find any resources on the matter.
    I've been looking into the possibility of making a texture pack to replace the fake logos for alcohol and tobacco sponsors in the historic racetracks (The Canpiris and Fasters, among others).

I took a look at the game files and I admit I have little to no familiarity with the file structure for AMS2 other than the car modding/texture overrides. My experience is on modding older games (like F1C, rFactor and the GPx series), but I do have my graphic skills that I can think I can put to good use to help the community!

Think anyone can help me shed some light in how I should go for that? How to extract the textures, where to override them etc?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i believe there is a way but I do not know how to do it

btw if anyone finds out how to do it please tag me as there’s a certain 79 stock car team that is missing not a tobacco but the Coca Cola logo

edit: my bad I misread your post and thought that you were talking about existing car liveries

track advertising textures I’m afraid there’s no way to customize at the moment

3. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that @Wolfgang Herold tried it once. It looks like so far without success. I myself have tried to change the existing vehicle class logos... also without success.

It seems that the data is stored several times in different files in the folder directory. Even if you delete the GUI vehicleclasslogos, they are still displayed correctly in the game

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

not possible.
    Track textures are located in .bff archives that cannot be repacked correctly.
    It works on some of the mod tracks.

5. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

Heck, I'm sorry to hear that. Well, it was worth a try asking around here, so thanks a lot! <3 Here's hoping we can get something in there at some point.

6. Pierre-Antoine PETIT

Pierre-Antoine PETIT New Member AMS2 Club Member

maybe we can duplicate the tracks like we do for the cars, and with the unpacked datas we could tweak the texture and even the 3d?

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. MJP10

MJP10 The Basin of Jatemans AMS2 Club Member

Thats a shame. Would love to change the trackside sponsors to better mirror the year/class I'm racing

• Like Like x 1