Trying to understand how skin mods work

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Jezza819, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

When you install a skin mod, are those skins supposed to completely replace the Reiza ones or add to the existing ones? I know when I've installed the F1 skin mods from Immersion theirs are the only ones available for those cars which is fine. I want that.

But I've been trying to figure out how to add to the LMDh car count to get it more than 12 and I thought additional skins would be the way but when I've installed a skin mod for the Porsche 963 that was for 3 skins, instead of it bringing the number of available cars up to 7, it deleted 3 of the existing Reiza ones so I had these 3 new skins and 1 left over Reiza one. So the 963 car count stayed at 4.

Unless there is only supposed to be 12 LMDh cars available period regardless of what skin is on them.

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It overrides the AMS2 default liveries and it’s not possible to add more liveries than what’s allocated to that car

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Thanks for explaining that. So it's always going to be 12 LMDh (4 Porsche, 4 BMW, 4 Cadillac) regardless of what liveries are on them. I guess you can change them up by moving the skin mod files in and out of "Enabled"or just unchecking them in AMS2 CM.

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but IIRC Renato maybe said something on it. Don’t take my word on it though

• Like Like x 1