Tyre Scuffing Visual Effect

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ilfanterock, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Ilfanterock

Ilfanterock New Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I recently switched from Iracing to Automobilista 2, one thing I really miss is the effect that trasform new shiny tyres slowly to matte because of tyre wear. Of course I'm talking about open wheel cars. Even Codemaster's games have this visually immersive effect. (look at the image)

Do you think there is a way to simulate this by modifying the tire shaders? Is there a way to let Reiza know we want this to increase realism and game immersion?

One last thing, the tires of the f1 ultimate gen1 (2019) are really worthless, unwatchable, they look like they were designed by 5 year olds, like they were plastic. Why weren't they treated? the question is the same, Is there a way to let Reiza know we want this to increase realism and game immersion?

Do Reiza studios read and listen to the forum?

Thankyou

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As a former long time member in iRacing then...
    If you compare the number of severe BUGs left in AMS2 with the pretty low number of slightly annoying issues in iRacing - and after that take in consideration the number of staff employed in these 2 sims - then you got to be very optimistic if you think this issue will be solved in any foreseable future.:whistle:

ByTheWay: But if you compare the quality of the tire models in the 2 sims based on the general car behaviour then at least personally Im prepared to accept most of the BUGs in AMS2.
    Hehe until iRacing does discard their goofy tire model and create a new one on the level of as example AMS2, rF2 or ACC.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to ams2, yeah it is a visual omission but one day they will probably fix it but you have to be patience. They tend to tackle the worst problems first as they go around fixing old content, and adding new features like visual tyre wear. The F-Ultimate Gen1 is very antiquated and hasnt seen any visual updates since launch, so I'm thinking that its due the new coloured tyre walls and dashboard of the Gen2 at some point.