UI Freezes (can't click after single player race)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Gary P Allen, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Gary P Allen

Gary P Allen New Member

At the end of some races the UI won't accept clicks, audio and video still going, mouse moves but no click...
    Task Manager seems to be the only way to kill it.
    AMS2 (1.0.2.xxx) mainly...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. benvelor

benvelor Member

me too...
    happened yesterday, at the end of the qualy with Vee
    with 1.0.25 i didn't notice that problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

same here, after qualifying, waiting to switch to race, moved mouse and screen goes black, had to Task mngr out just to do anything else.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Similiar here - but for me in LB mode.
    I cant even kill AMS2 via taskmanager because after 0.01 sec TM also goes black.
    Have to restart via Windows shut down menu :mad:
    It looks for me like some of the save setup crashes bugs from some upd back has returned.
    But there is no regularity this time:eek:

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here with screen after racing

6. Peter Stefani

That's really disappointing. Guess I'll just put this game away for awhile. Suspension physics are too bouncy anyway, so still not ready for prime time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's worked fine before. It's probably an error somewhere in the 1.2.7 patch. Perhaps an typo, so somtimes (0,0000000001%) the screen freezes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. BrunoB

Im close to conclude the same.
    I like some of the cars behaviour VERY much - specially the F-Reiza.
    But except rF2 this is the most unstable sim I have ever used.
    And beside the crashes and instability Im fed up with this pCars2 setup file chaos.
    I have realised that if you have a lot of setups for a certain car then the loading and saving time for setups for this car become completely bollocks.:rolleyes:
    Im not exaggerating when I say that if I load or save a setup for a F-Reiza it takes about ½ minute (yes 30 sec).:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ByTheWay: I can tell you why it takes so looong..
    If I check the Modified Date for EVERY setup for this car then AMS2 (like pCars2) does resave/change all setups for that car eventhough you are just using (loading/saving) one(1) setup.
    In my younger days I had some jobs programming databases - hehe and I can tell you that if I had made such lousy programming I would have been fired - instantly.:D

259_setups_same_modif_date.png

9. Peter Stefani

One instance of "freeze/crash/black screen/CTD" for each one time game is played lately. Statistically, that's not too good.

I never had AMS 1, but friends say that it worked/s better with less of these types of frustrations.
    Using the Madness Engine comes with a lot of benefits, but it's also going to have all the bugs that were present in that other SIM. Whether all these frustrating type bugs can be adjusted in this SIM, (and not just given up on like the other SIM did), remains to be seen. I'm hoping so, and at least from what we can see up to this point, AMS 2 has been doing a great job of building and fixing. I have faith they can eventually get there based on their continuous improvement history.

But I'm not making any more set ups until it settles a bit more because I'm tired of deleting everything and starting over so many times.

10. BrunoB

My own main critique of AMS2 beside the general unstability(crashes) is mainly the setup file managesment chaos they have transfered 1:1 from pCars2.:mad:
    As I try to show above this chaotic setup system will be constant "deadweight tonnage" that will make it more and more time wasting both to load/save setups - but also make it almost impossible to keep an overview of your setups.
    Because just like the track listing is completely chaotic unsorted then its the same with the listing of setups.
    If you create a new setup then it is 1st on the setup listing when you go on track - but then afterwards if you want to rename or alter this setup you have to search the setup listing to find the setup you want to alter or rename.
    Because just like pCars2 then AMS2 is playing "catch and hide" with your original setup hiding it between the other setups without ANY logic whatsoever in the listing order.
    And to make it worse then AMS2 like pCars2 change this order every time you have been on track (or at the toilet :rolleyes: ).

ByTheWay: Raceroom had a chaotic setup listing "system" like this a few years back but revised it completely - and have today the most intuitive and transparent setup system I know of in any sim.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Peter Stefani

You make a set up name in-game, then when you go look for it in folder, it's encrypted. Why the reason for this is unknown to me. Can't really understand why your own named set up needs to be encrypted. Plus the fact that this is the only SIM engine that does this, makes it less than useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It only freezes after a "restarting the session" race (for me)

@BrunoB you are using an unsupported (by Microsoft) OS,

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BrunoB

And so WHAT?

Do you REALLY believe this mess by renaming and encryption of ALL setups for a certain car resulting in longer and loonger save/load times is because I use a Windows version where Microsoft is unable to mess up my OS every time they feel the need for it?
    Do you REALLY believe that?:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: This is a rhetorical question because I honestly dont think any human being with at least some intelligence would believe such non-sense.;)

259_setups_same_modif_date.png

14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Solving a problem can be done by solving underlying problems

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. BrunoB

Haha - good one.
    But I have none of your "underlying problems".

And when we now have started this slightly goofy discussion looking after completely unrelevant causes then after repeatedly having read about all the problems both gamers and non gamers have when Win10 have been "updated" (or often downgraded ;)) behind their back then I often ask myself why dont we hear about the problems people with Win7 have because Microsoft have stopped their socalled "support " of this stable OS?

ByTheWay: Dont bother with the mandatory answer to this. Like: I have absolutely never had problems with Win10 and I have never never heard about others who have problems.:p

16. Imigrante

Imigrante New Member

Hi @Gary P Allen
    Exactly the same problem here.
    The game runs perfectly, but eventually freezes on this screen when the race is over.

I expected it to be resolved with the last update, but it has not been resolved.
    Does the problem continue for you?

I found several reports of problems with this game, but of this exact problem, I only found your report.

Sorry for bad English. I'm brazilian.

-------------------------
    ADD
    ------------------------
    My hardware and software

Acer Predator Helios 300
    I7 9750
    RTX 2060
    32GB RAM
    2TB NVME

Logitech G920 + Driving Force Shifter

Windows 10 updated
    Logitech Gaming Software updated
    NVIDIA driver Updated
    No 3º software (MSI afterburner, etc)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  17. Ayrton_pop

Ayrton_pop New Member

I too am thinking of leaving it until they solve the problems (at least the very big ones).
    Yesterday for example with the last update I tried (F102G, F1CG1M1 and others) in montecarlo,
    as soon as he got into the car (stopped in the pits without touching anything) the car jumped like a goat (undriveable), the cars that jump watching the replay you notice that the wheels do not touch the asphalt, setup saves are something monstrous and should be redone all the interface that manages the game (it is my opinion), the replays should always be saved not only if you finish the races. For a while I will play from AMS1 which I think is still much better. I hope they solve everything but now I have some doubts

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Imigrante

Imigrante New Member

19. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

This is still happening for me after last patch V1.0.5.6

First race was fine but after restarting and the second race and finished it the mouse fails to interface with the game but game is still working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Imigrante

Imigrante New Member

I had abandoned the game. Last month I decided to test it and had no problem. I have restarted approximately 30 races without a problem.

While I was stopped, there were changes that may have resolved, but I don't know which one:

- Game Updates
    - Windows 10 updates
    - NVIDIA driver updates
    - Replacement of Logitech Gaming Software with Logitech G Hub (I bet on that)

The installation of the operating system and game remain the same.

Happy. Now I’m going to play again. I hope the problem does not reappear.:)